Western wyoming winter range

I was wondering how the deer are doing in western wyoming(G and H) and south east Idaho? Has there been much winter kill or a lack of snow? I might could draw G and Idaho OTC is always a possibility.
Thanks, Gabe

P.S.For those of you wondering western Colorado from Rangely to Grand Junction to Nucla and points inbetween I think the deer are in good shape.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gabe,
God bless you, man! Good to hear from you.
It's been a pretty good winter in the areas you mention. We've had a few really cold spells, but long breaks with open feed in between. It's warming up nicely, so looking good so far. I've heard a few isolated reports of deep snow on Wyoming winter ranges, but the big picture should be average to above average survival. Early fall rains boosted the browse quality on winter ranges and now we're getting some rain to boost green up. We're actually a little droughty, so if the spring rains don't keep coming, we might not get top antler growth, but we're not as dependent on spring rain for that as say the drier Southwest is.
Good year to head over, especially G, in my estimation.

LJ Buck

WKR
I live in Pinedale and work in Big Piney. I would say not a bad year. Lots of snow at times but nothing the deer shouldnt be able to handle.

OP
C
Thanks Robby and LJ. After looking closer I can only draw region H. So now I'm reconsidering my options. Thanks for the info.
Gabe