Wet Pad & Cot

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
So my Colorado trip was great! Even stayed warm every night in the Davis tent with our homemade wood stove. While breaking down the cot I noticed that the 3” pad and cot were wet in a somewhat shape of my body. The 4” foam and my -25 sleeping bag were totally dry. So what to do next year to prevent this? Not sure if it would’ve ever wicked to my bag.?

Cot- Cabela’s Big Outdoorsman
Pad- Cabela’s Large 3” Cot Pad
Foam- 4” Homemade Cut Foam
Bag- Alps Outdoor Redwood -25*

Thanks for the knowledgeable answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
I use a similar cot/pad. The bag comes off and gets aired out daily. The pad needs similar treatment every other day. pretty Common problem.

OP
Fourteen

Fourteen

Lil-Rokslider
Yes this is almost 2 years old but missed my trip last year and was going over this old post to refresh my memory and the tips that were given to use this year.
The order was cot, pad, foam, bag. If I changed the order to cot, foam, pad, bag would that make a difference or still best to let air everyday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11boo

WKR
I’ve been doing this a long time. Air it out every chance you get, even if it just means sliding the pad off to lean against the cot all day.
I’ve never tried two pads, but the foam will definitely hold moisture. I have a Cush one I don’t bring anymore, just cause it is huge.

Nothing to worry about, when you pack up just make sure it’s good and dry.

I usually spread my stuff out to make sure it air drys before rolling it up, or do it when I get home.

Usually it’s dry by afternoon sun on tent.