Wet Wipes

ChrisAU

WKR
What exactly are you guys using? Took dude wipes last year, and have them on the list this year, but I am crunching ounces and a pack of dude wipes is 8.5 oz for a 48 wipe pack.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Not an answer but I have a funny story I heard from a guide on the orvis fly fishing podcast.

Well this guy was going up on horseback on this backcountry trip and on the first day they stopped early for the day cause this guys rear end was hurting real bad. Got up the next day and it was even worse, he said there was no way he could ride on a horse today. The third day was even worse yet, so the guide said hey you gotta go back down then. The client said yeah that sounds good, i'll leave the gear I bought for the next guy so he can save some cash, guide said sounds good. Well for wet wipes he had packed chlorox wipes and had been using that to clean up his business end. So I would leave the bleach wipes at home

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
a bandana and an eye dropper with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. you can even bring along a gallon ziplock and wash your undies with it. They also claim you can brush your teeth with it but I haven't tried.

sweetroll

FNG
Go for something that is “toilet friendly” or biodegradable. And dehydrate them - not sure why you’d carry more weight than you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one else is using the French wipe? You only need one square of toilet paper. First, fold it over two times so it's a smaller square. At the corner pluck out just a tiny bit of material and save for later. When you unfold it you'll see your original square now has a little hole in the middle. Put your finger in that hole and wipe with your finger. Then use your off hand to slide the toilet paper up your finger to remove the mess. Now, remember that little speck of material? That's for picking out the bits under your fingernail. This will save you a ton of weight with very little downside.

brsnow

WKR
Go for something that is “toilet friendly” or biodegradable. And dehydrate them - not sure why you’d carry more weight than you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree no fun seeing old wipes all over after the snow is gone.

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
No one else is using the French wipe? You only need one square of toilet paper. First, fold it over two times so it's a smaller square. At the corner pluck out just a tiny bit of material and save for later. When you unfold it you'll see your original square now has a little hole in the middle. Put your finger in that hole and wipe with your finger. Then use your off hand to slide the toilet paper up your finger to remove the mess. Now, remember that little speck of material? That's for picking out the bits under your fingernail. This will save you a ton of weight with very little downside.

now that's some good ol Arkansas logic there...

CMF

WKR
Does anyone sell dehydrated wipes or do you just use any and let them dry out? Any issue with dehydrating/re-hydrating them later?

Costco multiple pack case, just take one (or two even) packs, not heavy and "some" things simply transcend the obvious anyhow (and they'll burn just fine if you want to carry them back to camp for conversation)

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't dehydrate mine. I just grab what I might need and put them in a ziplock and put them in the pack. Whatever is left over in my pack may dehydrate on their own until the next year, but add a little water, and they're good to go. Even the unscented ones have a scent.