What 270 round for elk

FNG from OK. I am your typical whitetail hunter. What round would you recommend for a bolt .270 chasing elk in CO? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

surso

FNG
I've looked at this before and a lot of people say go with the 150 gr, but the flatter trajectory of the 130 gr with slightly less impact force gets my vote. Tried and true Remington Core Lokt is hard to beat, especially considering the cost. Hit it behind the shoulder and it shouldn't matter.

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the 130 grain Federal trophy bonded tip on several elk with good results. The only bullet I recovered looked just like they do in the advertisements. The partion or accubond would also be a great choice. I'm not a fan of the barnes but I know some guys swear by them.

I loaded 130 gr. Partitions and Accubonds for a buddies 270 and he killed a lot of elk with it.

The 130 gr. E-tip would also be an excellent bullet on elk.

Either the 140 gr. Accubond or Partition would also be great. Out of these five any of them would work for you. If you find one of these that shoots very well in your rifle, then that is what I would use and not have any second thoughts.

Swede

WKR
I prefer the 140 grain Sierra spitzer boat-tail myself, but any good 130-150 all will get the job done. My choice is based on the idea I would use it for both deer and elk over a wide distance range. The 140 is very versatile.

As an fyi if you're a reloader they are making a 150gr accubond this year paired with the release of their 27 nosler and the 277 fury. I would imagine they'll make it in factory loads in the future?

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Don't over think it. Most any modern ammo that shoots well out of your gun will be fine. All of those mentioned above are great bullets.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

PlanoDano

FNG
I might try 136 grain federal terminal ascent. I have not taken an animal with these bullets yet but my .270 and 7mm rm love these for accuracy.

KineKilla

WKR
I've loaded 140gr Accubond, works great.
150gr Core-Lokt also works great.
130gr Accubond still equals dead Elk at the end of the day.

Think less, shoot more. Have a great hunt with whatever load you feel the most confident with.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

jmav58

WKR
I think when the first 5 posts are the same round, go ahead and go with that round. RARELY does that happen on Rokslide in any category, let alone ammo.

Hey_Bear

FNG
I've killed a lot of elk with a 130 ttsx out of a 270wsm....they hate it....
.my brother killed a big bull with a 100gr tsx out of a 25-06ai that I built for my kids.