What a crappy day!

Last night my 8 year old German shorthair pointer was acting a little slow and lethargic. I didn't think much of it until she wouldn't leave her kennel this morning and hadn't are her food. Felt her and she felt warm.

4 hours later we were saying good bye and putting her down. Her guts had twisted blocking everything up, and upon doing the x-ray to look at things they determine she also had tumors that had ruptured causing internal bleeding. Two days ago she was perfectly normal , and today she's gone.

Hard enough on me, but my oldest grew up with her and had her sleep in his room. Damn good way to ruin a weekend!IMG_20201024_104109264.jpg
Another damn good dog gone too soon!

Finch

WKR
Sorry to hear this! Always tough especially when they go too soon.

BROOKS5

FNG
Sorry man losing an awesome dog is always tough and just about the only bad thing about having one. Makes it the worst when there's no mental prep and you're of the mind you've got many good years in front of you.

Big Bend of Florida 12 miles to the Boat Ramp
My neighbor owns 17 dogs...2 House dogs and the rest Deer and Hog dogs.
I was talking to him not long ago and telling him about my last Best dog..
He looked at me and told me the best dog you'll ever have is the one you got right now.
Couple minutes later my little Gal came running back from a yard rabbit hunt and started jumping all over me with happiness.
I looked at her and realized..He was right.
Get another Best dog you ever had real soon.

Montucky

WKR
Classified Approved
We feel your pain! Our lab passed 2 weeks ago & I still watch for her when I stand up out of bed every morning cause she slept next to me on the floor every night loyally & ready to start the day even at 12yrs old. She knew my exact wake up time & even woke me up a few months ago when I forgot to set my work alarm & got me up with a prompt stinky old dog lick to the face!….. they’re not horses or cats, they’re Man’s Best Friend….Our prayers go out to your family & especially your Boy…..lost a hunting buddy so young!

Northpark

WKR
Dude that is really tough. We lost our dog to the same gut twist a few years ago.

I’ve cried my eyes out over some good dogs in my life.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Bloat is a real problem and needs immediate attention. Vary sorry for the entire family, it really sucks big time. Give the little guy a big hug. RIP girl :(

OP
S
Thanks everyone for the prayers and comments, it's a kick in the teeth for sure but it's so much harder watching my kids hurt and miss her. At least things were fairly quick and she didn't suffer long.

It's the hardest part of being a dog person. I have 2 very old dogs right now (15 & 20 yrs old) and I am dreading the inevitable. You give em the best life you can and they return the favor. One day they are gone, just like the rest of us. Focus on the years spent together once the pain subsides.

BROOKS5

FNG
My neighbor owns 17 dogs...2 House dogs and the rest Deer and Hog dogs.
I was talking to him not long ago and telling him about my last Best dog..
He looked at me and told me the best dog you'll ever have is the one you got right now.
Couple minutes later my little Gal came running back from a yard rabbit hunt and started jumping all over me with happiness.
I looked at her and realized..He was right.
Get another Best dog you ever had real soon.
There's a certain truth to that old saying. But there's no getting around there are those once in a lifetime dogs, even though they all are 🤔

F***in’ dogs… always breaking our hearts. I guess that’s the price of love. I have a border collie named Wally, and when he goes I don’t know if I’ll survive. So sorry for your loss.

BROOKS5

FNG
F***in’ dogs… always breaking our hearts. I guess that’s the price of love. I have a border collie named Wally, and when he goes I don’t know if I’ll survive. So sorry for your loss.
That was me with my last dog! A puppy really is the best medicine. My new guy of 2.5 years has a totally different personality but is as loyal and loving as they come. He's totally helped me heal and move forward. Crazy how much a person can love a dog and vise versa.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They sucks man, sorry. I’ve had similar things happen which is why I won’t get any more dogs. They never live long enough and it’s brutal when the time comes.

Last night my 8 year old German shorthair pointer was acting a little slow and lethargic. I didn't think much of it until she wouldn't leave her kennel this morning and hadn't are her food. Felt her and she felt warm.

4 hours later we were saying good bye and putting her down. Her guts had twisted blocking everything up, and upon doing the x-ray to look at things they determine she also had tumors that had ruptured causing internal bleeding. Two days ago she was perfectly normal , and today she's gone.

Hard enough on me, but my oldest grew up with her and had her sleep in his room. Damn good way to ruin a weekend!View attachment 319569
Another damn good dog gone too soon!

I’m so sorry for your loss. One of my best friends just had almost the exact same thing happen to his 10 yo black lab about two months ago. One day everything is totally normal and she’s retrieving dummies, the next day she’s bleeding internally from a large mass around her spleen and he’s having to put her down. It’s totally heart wrenching, and I wish you and your family the best in the coming days/weeks moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk