What about scope caps?

Are you guys using flip up scope caps for hunting? What do you like? Got a Razor LHT 3-15x42 coming if that matters.

Cant remember the brands, but I've have flip-ups break from the recoil of my 300WSM and 50 cal ML. In my corner covers are for travel and storage time, not hunting.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I have NF branded Tenebraex that I ordered when I ordered my scope. I was not very impressed with them and they sit in a box of parts now. I currently am using a neoprene cover and have been happy with it.

My dislikes for the flip up.

-Flip ups are slow vs the neoprene.
-The flip up adds length, which effectively shortens eye relief and results in getting tapped on the face more often.
-The flip ups will shoot off during a 50 pluse round range session.
-The flip offs have been scrapped off in really thick brush and tools are needed to put them back on.
- The flip ups add diameter to the ocular housing, reducing bolt clearance.

I have used Vortex flip ups as well and they have many of the same problems.

Your mileage may vary.

The only flip ups I actually like are Aadland ones. They're bombproof and never move for me.

6.5x284

WKR
AAD is the best. MKM are also great. Have both in my LHT and AAD gets the nod. Run AAD on all my match rifles as well. Can’t say enough good things. Tenebraux had a good run in their day but their stuff is definitely lower quality than the above two in terms of how well it seals out moisture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bater

WKR
I run Butler Creeks on over 15 hunting rifles (including 3 LHT’s). I beat these rifles pretty hard and I’ve never broken set. Could not stand the Tenebraex that came on my NX8’s and threw BC’s on almost immediately. The low cost helps make them and no-brainer for me.

Rock-o

WKR
Most of my Butler Creeks caps have given me problems if not outright failed. I'm sure the few remaining will follow suit. My Tenebraex have been problem free. Next on my list to try if necessary would be Aadland.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I have the exact same glass and I went with Aadland. Ordered Saturday and had them in hand Tuesday. Super solid and I really like them so far. I haven't put any rounds downrange with them on though, as I'm waiting on some powder, but they seem well built.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
Those would not work for me, a lefty. The LH bolt knob will hit the edge of the release button.

For me, it's a neoprene cover or one made from a tire tube.

idcuda

WKR
Never had an issue with multiple Butler creek setups, but the aadmount do look pretty good. Then I saw the price difference.

Motown

WKR
I run Butler Creeks on over 15 hunting rifles (including 3 LHT’s). I beat these rifles pretty hard and I’ve never broken set. Could not stand the Tenebraex that came on my NX8’s and threw BC’s on almost immediately. The low cost helps make them and no-brainer for me.
I’m with Bater on this. I have had many sets of Butler Creek caps over the years and never had a single one break.

I also just put a set of Butler Creeks on my Razor 3-15 and below are the sizes if you need them. I also have the 42mm version as well.

Eye-18
Obj- 33

Fatcamp

WKR
My rifle now has a Vortex neoprene cover. I carry it in a gunbearer so that works well for me.