What about scope caps?

ChrisAU

WKR
I find them essential, beating brush or hunting rifle with a cap-less rifle can be trouble. I prefer the Leupold/Swaro aluminum style, but I also like Tenabraex and will use Butler Creek.

jfox

FNG
I had no problem with my butler creek set but one hit at just the right spot while scrambling through some deadfall busted the release. Maybe it was a freak thing, but mine couldn’t take much of a beating. Price is right though.

RayG

FNG
Are you guys using flip up scope caps for hunting? What do you like? Got a Razor LHT 3-15x42 coming if that matters.
Have had no problems with the vortex caps that usually come with the razors. If i need caps or replacements, Butler Creeks have served well.

idig4au

WKR
I got fed up with scope caps popping open or the cheap plastic red flippy trigger thing breaking so I just now use the rubber scope bands that come with Swarovski scopes. Works just fine. Sometimes old school is the best option

Lawnboi

WKR
Between butler creek, vortex and tenabreax the only ones I could stand were the tenabraex. Got a couple sets of aadland caps now and am a big fan. I like a push button eye piece and they sit nice and flat on the scope like the vortex, but don’t fall off all the time.

wyosam

WKR
Say what you will about Leupold scopes, but their caps are great. I’ll use the cheap butler creek on range guns. Hunting rifles get something sturdier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That came of a nightforce 2.5-10x42, it’s been sitting in my shop for like a year now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 19

Akicita

WKR
Scopecoat only for me. . . . deploys faster and quieter and is less likely to break under hard use.

MJsOP0U.jpgdbg31qe.jpg