What action for 6br?

Been debating this for way too long

curious as to what you guys think is a good action to build off of.

Could flick a 6br barrel onto a action I have laying around aka 700 or a tikka.

but by the time I bush firing pin and blue print it and what not on the 700, or stuff a 2.4” coal cartridge into a LA foot print seems like there’s got to be something a bit smarter then those two options.

WRO

WKR
Been debating this for way too long

curious as to what you guys think is a good action to build off of.

Could flick a 6br barrel onto a action I have laying around aka 700 or a tikka.

but by the time I bush firing pin and blue print it and what not on the 700, or stuff a 2.4” coal cartridge into a LA foot print seems like there’s got to be something a bit smarter then those two options.
Rim country, defiance deviant, stiller, mesa precision, all come to mind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
Do you plan on making it feed repeater or single shot?
I have a 6br/switch barrel 7/08 super light gun Rem model 7 that we put a coned ptg bolt in. Feeds 6br fine with rounds in proper position in mag box. Also have 6br in a heavy single shot on a Kelby action. I did a 22br on a Borden super short action and it feeds great and one of the best actions you will get. There are a number of good actions, to get proper 6br feeding I might do some searching on what prs guys are making work. Single shot lots of options

rayporter

WKR
i am a 700 fan boy but the old argument of custom vs blueprinted factory applies here. you will have significant bucks in the remy when finished. for not a lot of extra money you can start with a custom.
will the custom be more accurate? no. when done the remy will be just as accurate [provided a top smithy does the work]. basically the only money you save is the cost of a new 700 since you already own it.

else where on here is a post about LRI coming out with pre accurized mod 700 actions -they would be something to consider from all indications.

i built a long action 6 br on a 700 that shot super as a single shot. dont know about feeding, however, since i put a ramp in it. the guy that has it now still whacks prairie dogs with it at 600y

• Banned
OP
N
Borden super short 6 is literally made for it

oh man I wouldn’t touch that action with a ten foot pole.

As for goal of rifle

Be nice to be 7.5 lbs all up

sling 95gr tmk or something of that ilk for game -and eat through my stash of 80gr varminters for play on dog towns with a lower powder charge to preserve barrel life.

be a one gun quiver for Wyoming and New Zealand.

7.5 is waaay toooo heavy bro. Gotta slap a cobra swifty double on it, that way it’s relockable with a full twist and you could slice of like 4 pounds off it.

bradb

WKR
Ya I agree with jmcmath I want to here this one. About the only fault I could give it is it is limited to the br, dasher size cases. So if you change your mind who have to stay in that length case. Other then that mine works fabulous and Jim is a great guy with a fair bit of shooting knowledge!

OP
N
I guess the upside to the Borden action is you get to buy proprietary magazine that protrude into the area where a gun is held during hunts.

that and the privilege to have the bolt ripped open when it snags on brush.

More of a nitpick but pinned lug and screwed on rail isn’t my idea of grail features.

bradb

WKR
To each there own, that is why there are a lot of choices out there

BR and dasher cases are very finicky and sometimes no matter what you do they will not feed reliability from a magazine. Have you look at the new 6GT from GA precision.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
BR and dasher cases are very finicky and sometimes no matter what you do they will not feed reliability from a magazine. Have you look at the new 6GT from GA precision.

There are hundreds if not thousands of guys shooting PRS and NRL that would adamantly disagree with this statement.

codym

WKR
Go with a big horn origin. I'm feeding 6 Br out of MDT mags slicker than snot. The control round feed helps. I also run a dasher out of my tl3, no tuning and no problems.