What adapter for rifle tripod mount?

Looks worth a shot. I was going to get a gray ops plate and double arca. Maybe I’ll go with the cole tac and a double arca.

I need something to beat the bus at shooting matches. But something light enough would be nice too.

Have you seen the precision underground recon mini?

The Recon Mini looks really good!

I went with the Cole-Tac setup, as a slightly cheaper option, especially considering I wasn’t going to be mounting it on my rifle.

To lighten things up as much as possible. I orderedthe Cole-Tac Backbone without the Area 419 Arca clamp…just the Backbone itself. I then used an RRS B76 plate…….because it’ll fit on the flat area of the Backbone. (note: I had to grind off the ridge on the opposite side of the RRS plate).F9ABBA16-B127-4583-9516-39F8A5A06119.jpeg

Dennis

WKR
I have switched over to the Spartan Davros system for my optics and mountain rifles. I use the Davros head on my Slik tripod along with adapters for all my optics. I mount two gunsmith flush mount adapters on my rifle for use with tripod or the Javelin bipod. It's a light weight system and gives lots of options for the light weight hunter.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    619 KB · Views: 53

orhunter1

FNG
I developed shooting systems from a tripod about 10 years ago and hunt exclusively from a tripod and have experimented extensively both hunting and competitive shooting. They actually work better towards the front of the stock on most guns. The reason being is that anything mounted on the stock near the bottom metal will interfere with any off hand shooting and carrying of the rifle. Although it will support the rifle better in the location as far as balance goes it doesn’t really offer any more stability in terms of actually accuracy. Generally most often when shooting from a tripod the shooter will be seated or kneeling and or possibly even prone. Shooters should use elbows, knees, packs and other objects (bino harness, rocks, logs, ect) to stabilize the rear portion of the stock/rifle to create additional “points of contact” for more accurate shooting. This is especially true for larger, heavy recoil calibers. Large caliber rifles with heavy recoil that have the tripod mounts close to the bottom metal will suffer drastically with accuracy as a result of the recoil during the shot. Obviously there are a number of factors that can contribute to this including any type of muzzle brake/suppressor device and the type of ports they have. Specifically, in my experience heavy recoil calibers will experience muzzle bounce when shot from a tripod. When a rifle is mounted to a tripod near the bottom metal this shooting style eliminates the ability to “preload” the tripod and uses a very effective “free recoil” style of shooting. Free recoil is great and very accurate for heavy or light recoil calibers. Not so much for light weight, heavy recoil, large caliber hunting rifles!

I have several videos on my YT channel showing various shooting positions and how to set up hunting rifles for tripods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't find any shooting positions video, do you mind pointing me to one.