What Aftermarket Stock for a Winchester Model 70

coiloil37

Lil-Rokslider
I would suggest a wildcat composite. Every bit as stiff as a McMillan and feel great. Mines on a Remington but regardless, here is an example of his heavier stock finished at 21 ounces with a full sized recoil pad and bedding.

58fe199686d712b6fa79c19902028bfb.jpg

cbda8279518dc6a7000e31e7d3f01835.jpg

I have a winchester coyote with the laminate stock........does any one know if the light varmint barrel will drop into a B/C sporter stock? I would like to cut a little weight and also mitigate the slipperiness of the laminate.

Bmhunts

FNG
I've got a Winchester Model 70 in 300 Win Mag with a Christensen Arms barrel and the original wood stock. I'd like to put a different, more durable stock on it and I need some suggestions. I've looked at Boyd's At-One and that's about it so far. Just looking for suggestions.
do you have a picture of the rifle? i have a Model 70 fwt in 300 mag and curious what it looks like with the carbon barrel.

Sevens

WKR
Have a "Sako Classic" McMillan on a M70, it's pretty nice.

wRp7Ee2.jpg

Do have an EH3 on order for the same rifle, just to try something different. One bummer on the McMillan stocks of late is they're coming in a little heavier than advertised.

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
Check out High Tech Specialty / Bansner if not satisfied with a factory featherweight with pillars, bedded and sealed properly. Bansner is back at it. Love mine on a few.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a winchester coyote with the laminate stock........does any one know if the light varmint barrel will drop into a B/C sporter stock? I would like to cut a little weight and also mitigate the slipperiness of the laminate.
I got the same “problem”, ...... a M70 Coyote stainless with a laminate stock. Nice as is, pretty wood/laminate with a satin finish, but it’s as slippery as ice. Hard to hold on to it with gloves on! Also has one piece bottom metal. Stock weight isn’t too bad(see photo), but I’m going to replace it soon. Looking at a McMillen now, & will probably contact them today to see if their Game Warden stock will fit. 602BF063-8D83-4FB0-8840-E310CE47C2B5.jpeg