What Aftermarket Stock for a Winchester Model 70

Toaster42

FNG
I've got a Winchester Model 70 in 300 Win Mag with a Christensen Arms barrel and the original wood stock. I'd like to put a different, more durable stock on it and I need some suggestions. I've looked at Boyd's At-One and that's about it so far. Just looking for suggestions.

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bell & carlson coming for mine (270WSM) Bought off another forum. My 70 is laminate,kinda heavy and a bit slippery when wearing gloves.

Sourdough

WKR
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
WOW.........I was just going to start this nearly same thread. I just today decided to restock my Winchester M-70 "Featherweight" Short Action, Stainless Classic.

So I put this thread on Watch, and hope it gets a lot of feedback. At this point my default is towards the Bell and Carlson. But open to learning what other options are available.

Landon4

Lil-Rokslider
I like my manners stocks I have several in the t4-a and a couple of the prs-1 models and they have been great, I’m running rem 700 clone actions not the win 70 but the stock should be the same except for the action cutout.

I've got a Winchester Model 70 in 300 Win Mag with a Christensen Arms barrel and the original wood stock. I'd like to put a different, more durable stock on it and I need some suggestions. I've looked at Boyd's At-One and that's about it so far. Just looking for suggestions.
I have a bell and Carlson on my 300 m70 and a HS Persission on my 270. The B and C is lighter, but the HS is full length aluminum bedded and feel and looks incredible. Both made each gun shoot better.

OP
T

Toaster42

FNG
Wow, I really appreciate the responses guys. I've got lots to look at now.

Fishmaster196

Lil-Rokslider
HS Precision on my Model 70 Classic Stainless .300 WSM. Shoots great. It had the plastic stock on it when I bought it and the new stock tightened up my groups.

OP
T

Toaster42

FNG
All the HS Precision stocks are for a 2 pc floorplate mine is just the 1 pc floorplate

Tmarsh38

FNG
A little off topic, is your rifle one of the carbon custom's, or did you put the carbon barrel on it?