What am I doing wrong

.300 win mag Christian arms.
Tried 5 recipes of 220 gn noslar partition
5 recipes of 200gn noslar partion
2 recipes of Berger 210’s that I shoot out of other .300’s and are tack drivers.

Best group I’ve got is 3”s and always throwing a wild card shot with all of them.

Sworski scope new
I changed rings and base.
No success.
Below is pics of my 2 Berger recipes I shot today.

Shooting the gun on a lead sled so pretty hard to have user error.

Attachments

• 6E3E5C12-9216-46DB-91DD-E32D390B9790.jpeg
    6E3E5C12-9216-46DB-91DD-E32D390B9790.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 5A705FF0-366F-4FC7-9AE8-716698F8209F.jpeg
    5A705FF0-366F-4FC7-9AE8-716698F8209F.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 20

OMB

WKR
I had some issues at first with a Ridgeline in 300 WM, checking and tightening down the action screws to proper torque specs helped. Mine's consistently a shade over 1/2 MOA once I got that straightened out.

Can you expand on your recipes? CBTO, Powder type/increment, distance to the lands and speeds if you were using a chronograph

Also would suggest bipod/rear bag and ditch the lead sled.

grog24

Lil-Rokslider
Christian arms. Their customer service is dismal to say the least and I doubt they would be of much use (without getting into it)

As far as the grouping goes, it looks like a lot of vertical stringing going on. So it would lead me to think in order: heat induced, then powder induced (but you kinda eliminated that with multiple recipes - unless you are using all the same powder), then hardware, finally shooter..

Few thoughts:
Have you done the old dollar bill between the barrel and stock to ensure it’s free floated? (Heating up barrel that’s in contact with stock will mess things up)

already mentioned but I would take apart a new gun and verify torque on the fasteners myself. Make sure to remove all the manufacturing oil from the fasteners with acetone before reassembly. This is crucial especially in the rings/bases department. Also blue loctite on de-oiled scope fasteners never hurts.

Ensure the barrel is still free floating when you are pre-loading the stock and there is no flex when yanking on it (can have someone help check)

checked the crown (lands/grooves) for any burrs? (This is probably not the issue)

Have you inspected your brass for any goofy indications?

lead sleds used properly eliminate a lot of user based errors.. so I would think you’re on the right track thinking it’s gun related. Just make sure your trigger pull is constant and you’re letting it recoil the same way. (I don’t think it would have nearly enough affect to throw those groups)

Last edited:

J Dubaya

FNG
I had similar issues with a different rifle. Turns out the recoil lug was missing and the action screws worked loose. I would take a quick peek at that to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk