What animals could you beat in a fight?

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
Need to ask some Australians and see what they say about kangas and crocs...and therefore everything else on this list.

CJ19

WKR
I wonder where cougars would fall on this list. Ive been told that they can leave very nasty wounds.

feanor

WKR
I punted a gopher that came out of his hole after we water logged it, when I was younger.

But he went back down another hole and survived…

Cougars should be very high on the list. I found some cougar tracks going uphill in the mud last year when I was fishing. You could see where they jumped.. uphill… and they cleared 15 feet. The big reason cougars don’t kill more people every year is they don’t “like” to fight and can often be discouraged by determined resistance. These animals regularly chase down and kill adult mule deer... Another animal I’d like to avoid getting in a fight with.

well, it looks like we can whip a Brit anyways... our will to live is a couple percent higher across the board... they think we cheat, we think they're weak, haha

Yarak

WKR
when I was 6 I was flogged by two Tom turkeys
I remember running screaming bloody murder and diving in my dads car window to escape the wrath
Several times those things got after me but never caught me again
After the first attack I found I could run like the wind blows

Tmac

WKR
My girl friend, at the time, once cornered a mouse in an empty walk in closet and yelled for me to administer the coup de grace. So I grabbed a broom handle and valiantly entered the field of battle. Now I had considerable experience as a mouse killer in the horses grain bin using a stick, I’ve also trapped plenty, no reason to worry here. Things were going my way for about 2 seconds, then the enraged beast jumped on my ankle and ran up my inside of my leg, inside my pants.

I was unprepared for this tactic. I’d never considered it a possibility, so had not trained at all for this scenario. Once the mouse, with its sharp pointy little claws tickling me the whole way up, passed my knee, things got serious. I swear the heathen rodent hit every hair on its way up, which only compounded the torturous tickling. Could I whack it with the broom and not cause more damage? Could I still have kids if I survived this vicious attack? It all flashed through my mind.

At mid thigh he was still climbing quickly up the inside of my leg, seemingly hell bent on reaching the jewels. It’s then the loud screaming and erratic dancing commenced. The mouse was undoubtedly impressed and scared as it immediately retreated the same way it advanced. Once the furry little brown devil hit the floor it retreated into a corner. I am sure it was stunned by the volume of the screech and violence of the dance. By then things had slowed down considerably for me and I mentally entered that quiet kill zone and prepared to take advantage of it's tactical error. One smack and it was over.

He was an older mouse, on his way down, but still scored 1.7” gross B&C with 4” tail credit. At 5.7” gross B&C he was great top 10 Oregon trophy at that time. He’s in the top 50 still, 30 years later.

So I am confident I can take on a mouse and prevail now, by using my feet, after first duct taping my pants hem tightly around my ankles. Yes, this really happened, yes it still freaks me out. That feeling of it running up my pants legs makes me shiver still. Wild animals are tough.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
If this was a cage match then most everything from large dog down is winning.

The chimp is way underrated

I can’t really imagine in a fight in the open, where a human can make and use tools, that humans aren’t going to use every resource at their disposal

Jbogg

FNG
Thirty Five years ago I was fairly new to hunting when a buddy of mine invited me to come out to Utah for the over the counter mule deer rifle hunt. On the second day of the hunt I ended up shooting a nice tall 3 x 3 during last shooting light. It was a mixture of junipers and waste high sage. After waiting a little bit we began trailing it in the dark and found it bedded down only 100 yards from the shot location. It was more quartering too than I thought so I ended up only getting one lung. He was definitely sick, but still alert enough to have his head up and watching our every move.

I was brand new to hunting and started to chamber another round to finish it off when my buddy stopped me saying that the game warden would easily be able to hear the shot after dark and we would be in big trouble. We scratched our heads for a few minutes as the deer continued to stare at us from only 20 feet of way. One of the rocket scientists in our group thought it would be a good idea to make a spear out of a long stick and a hunting knife to complete the coup de grace. All I can say is a large mule deer does not take kindly to getting poked in the side with a sharp stick and it looked like the running of the bulls in Pamplona. We looked like bowling pins scattering every which way as everybody dove into the sage to get out of the way of a very pissed off buck. Someone in our group had the common sense to suggest that we come back the next morning which is what we did. Found the deer in short order and was able to put it out of its misery. Not my proudest moment.

Randle

WKR
My girl friend, at the time, once cornered a mouse in an empty walk in closet and yelled for me to administer the coup de grace. So I grabbed a broom handle and valiantly entered the field of battle. Now I had considerable experience as a mouse killer in the horses grain bin using a stick, I’ve also trapped plenty, no reason to worry here. Things were going my way for about 2 seconds, then the enraged beast jumped on my ankle and ran up my inside of my leg, inside my pants.

I was unprepared for this tactic. I’d never considered it a possibility, so had not trained at all for this scenario. Once the mouse, with its sharp pointy little claws tickling me the whole way up, passed my knee, things got serious. I swear the heathen rodent hit every hair on its way up, which only compounded the torturous tickling. Could I whack it with the broom and not cause more damage? Could I still have kids if I survived this vicious attack? It all flashed through my mind.

At mid thigh he was still climbing quickly up the inside of my leg, seemingly hell bent on reaching the jewels. It’s then the loud screaming and erratic dancing commenced. The mouse was undoubtedly impressed and scared as it immediately retreated the same way it advanced. Once the furry little brown devil hit the floor it retreated into a corner. I am sure it was stunned by the volume of the screech and violence of the dance. By then things had slowed down considerably for me and I mentally entered that quiet kill zone and prepared to take advantage of it's tactical error. One smack and it was over.

He was an older mouse, on his way down, but still scored 1.7” gross B&C with 4” tail credit. At 5.7” gross B&C he was great top 10 Oregon trophy at that time. He’s in the top 50 still, 30 years later.

So I am confident I can take on a mouse and prevail now, by using my feet, after first duct taping my pants hem tightly around my ankles. Yes, this really happened, yes it still freaks me out. That feeling of it running up my pants legs makes me shiver still. Wild animals are tough.
Man i laughed so hard thanks for sharing your victory.
You should be a writer

in 2003 i got the best of a big black bear, but i did use a boot... had i known this question would come up, i never would have grabbed the boot