What apps, or whatever they are called

mac53

FNG
Classified Approved
What apps do you all use when deciding on a place to hunt?

What I am looking for is something that will tell me what kind of roads or trails that are there as in old logging roads or gravel roads that are maintained?

Also what will give me a general idea of what the land looks like as in is it prairie or wooded or both?

I created the "help a guy out from Indiana" thread also but I wasn't sure if I should put both questions together thought it might be better seperate If you want to put them together that is fine.

Thanks

Jon

zacattack

WKR
What apps do you all use when deciding on a place to hunt?

What I am looking for is something that will tell me what kind of roads or trails that are there as in old logging roads or gravel roads that are maintained?

Also what will give me a general idea of what the land looks like as in is it prairie or wooded or both?

I created the "help a guy out from Indiana" thread also but I wasn't sure if I should put both questions together thought it might be better seperate If you want to put them together that is fine.

Thanks

Jon
Onx and google earth get my vote

OP
M

mac53

FNG
Classified Approved
Thank you everyone. Looks like I have plenty to check out

+1 on Google Earth PRO. Not a phone app, and needs to be downloaded to your local computer (old school), but by far the best escouting tool available in my opinion.

Also, if you're looking for good tips and techniques for e-scouting, Treeline Pursuits is an amazing resource. (I do not represent Treeline Pursuits in any way)