What are some apps you use besides onX

AZsniper

WKR
Looking for suggestions for things like moon rise, best time to see animals, etc. what are some of your favorite hunting apps?

kissell59

FNG
Toprut is free with an elite onX membership. I also use Huntstand for PA Whitetail hunting

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I have the following (don't necessarily use them all on a regular basis):
-altimeter (quickly get GPS elevation)
-windy (discussed above)
-coordinates (quickly get MGRS for plotting)
-Garmin earthmate (inReach messaging)
-alltrails
-ballistic AE (get dope for long range shots)
-GNSS view (if I want to geek out and see what satellites should be available)

Extrapale

WKR
Shooter for my clicks. I am sure there are better, but it works for me.

Avenza for PDF maps. Best option I have found for TMA and FS maps. Both of which are needed for some areas I hunt.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I use Strelok for my ballistics information.

Highly recommend the paid version. It's a one time fee and they have one of the best customer service.

DanimalW

WKR
I have BaseMap and Onx.Well be keeping Onx once Basemap runs out .
What do you like better about OnX? I’ve been running BaseMap because it’s cheaper for national coverage, but hear a lot more people using OnX.

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for weather underground. Deer cast also consolidates a bunch of good weather & moon info into one platform

Brendan

WKR
I prefer Gaia to both OnX and Basemap. Same functionality or better across the board IMO. Carplay integration is nice at times when running forest roads or looking for road-based waypoints from the truck, and they're back to working on Android Auto. Number of layers is pretty astounding. With that said, I've been considering giving OnX a go again because they're including memberships to TopRut and Huntin Fool for free.

Other Apps:
iExit for road trips - pretty indispensable
MyRadar for weather Radar
LunaSolCal for sunrise / sunset
Windy for Wind
Weather I've been going back and forth, currently Today Weather, Hyperlocal Weather, and Climacell. Some use Dark Sky as their source
Garmin Inreach App
Garmin Connect for my other Garmin Devices
Strava for training / etc.
Kestrel App, Kilo 2400 App, Autotrickler App, Ballistic X for tracking group size at the range

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Avenza is great for USFS or WMA lands that have maps available.

Torque Pro coupled with a cheap ODB II to bluetooth adapter has saved me so many times. Being able to check and clear engine codes on cross country trips is great.

Sam's dad

Lil-Rokslider
Topo Maps for downloadable topos, Garmin Earthmate for my Inreach, OnX for mapping, a moon phase app, a sunrise and sunset app, Wunderground and the NOAA site for weather, and of course ElkNut's app.