What are some good but affordable wall tent options?

Huntinman57

Lil-Rokslider
I dont base camp hunt but would like a wall tent for just in case and dont wanna drop a ton of cash. Are there any 8ish man tents that would accept a stove but stove isnt a deal breaker.

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Huntinman, I think we can help you out. We maintain the lowest prices on the internet on the highest quality wall tents available.

Jared Bloomgren took the time to take our Wilderness Tent for a spin: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/the-wall-tent-shop-with-future-review.106410/

We also have a number of closeout tents that we are offering an extra discount on, check out this link: https://www.walltentshop.com/pages/demos-and-blemished

Best of luck with your search and feel free to call (800 234 1150), email ([email protected]), or send me a direct message with any questions you may have!

Happy hunting and good luck this fall.

Tyler - Manager - Wall Tent Shop

Last edited:
I've been really happy with my Cabelas Ultimate Alaknak, the 12' X 20' would sleep 8 with a stove albeit a little tight. We slept 5 with a stove last year and we had plenty of room to spread out and keep a couple of chairs next to the stove. All in with the tent, floor liner, vestibule, and roof protector it was around $1700. That's the best picture of the tent we got while we were there, but it should give you some idea of the size.

Attachments

• IMG_7096.JPG
    IMG_7096.JPG
    304.4 KB · Views: 56

Harpwilly

FNG
I also own the Alaknak 12x20 and have no complaints, especially for the money. It seems to be easier to find lightly used Alaknaks then canvas wall tents online.

I also own the Alaknak 12x20 and have no complaints, especially for the money. It seems to be easier to find lightly used Alaknaks then canvas wall tents online.

Somebody had one (12x20) in my area. Used once with vestibule and stove for like $700. I really don’t have a use for one but almost bought that damn thing.

Harpwilly

FNG
Thats a great deal. I picked mine up for $800 with stove, no vestibule and was happy. Only negative with the Alaknaks that i can find is the permanent floor. Would be nice to have the option to remove.

What is the life expectancy of the cabelas tent? I borrowed one this year from a friend that had a lot of use. Tent was great but leaked a little. Could you get a good 10 years out of a new Alaknak?

Since I hunt by myself or with one other person I got a 10x14 Kodiak Canvas which I can put up myself easily. Two people its very roomy, three would be OK yet. Then I run a buddy heater, long hose, and 20lb propane tank set outside.