What are some modifications or "must haves" to keep in your vehicle/hunting rig?

87TT

WKR
My Hi Lift jack has saved me more than my winch and I have both. That said it is of no use if A) you don't know how to use it safely and B) you don't have a place to jack under. Most vehicles now don't. I have a custom steel front bumper that is flat on the bottom and made special plates under the rear bumper to lift with. I also now have rock sliders on the side. I have had that jack for about 44 years and it just keeps going. You can stick it in a receiver hitch too. Some of the other things that live in my rig are a full size D handle shovel, full size ax, tools, tire repair kit and pump.

Cell signal booster or in reach
Cooler full of frozen gallon jugs
V bar Chains - all 4 tires. Game changer
25’ chain
50’ tow rope.
Bear bag/rope for hanging extra food\meat
3 man tent
Irrigation boots
Carhardt coveralls
Contractor bags
Adequate box of tools

All the other stuff mentioned

Beendare

WKR
Yep^ lots of stuff.....for a guy with a crew cab or double cab I really like one of those DU-HA underseat storage systems. Ran one in my Tundra for 7 yrs- excellent.

Jake T

FNG
Windex and a roll of paper towels.

Sometimes I can’t get the bug guts off my windshield with wipers alone...it bothers me.

All good stuff here. I would add that 16 bores advice on a milk crate or other container with all you need in it is handy. If you switch vehicles its always easier to just remember one crate as opposed to poking around and cobbling up all your supplies.
Jump starter pack (with or without compressor) is slick. Having cables in a place where someone may not drive by for another week or so wont do you much good.

Good topic, always helpful to see what others use.

Jumpers, chains,tire plugs,comalong,winch,axe,pulley,shackles, shovel,maul, 36" concrete stakes, hand tools usually a chain saw, recovery strap, air compressor, tree saver, $100 bill

Mosby

WKR
I always carry this in my truck:
- a large wood saw and axe in my truck for down trees, fire wood etc.
- tow straps
- bottle jack
- battery jumper
- name and phone number of local off road towing companies, if any
- sometimes a chain saw, if I am really going back in or by myself
- shovel(Gerber folding)
- multi tool
- firestarter/lighter
- extra oil(I have a small diesel) and most places don't carry what I need
- def fluid
- wool blanket on back seat
- mora knife
- flashlight and head lamp with extra batteries
- heavy duty lug wrench
- tire plugs and inflator. Can of tire repair foam.
- blue tarp
- chains

Also important to keep everything organized and accessible. I have a milk carton, a home depot bucket and a tool box with a lid to put loose stuff in.

Learned the hard way and now will always have a jump box. Refill a couple empty 2 liter bottles with water. They're essentially free and indestructible. A flashlight is also good.

Havent seen this mentioned yet. A couple tourniquets and the knowledge of how to use them could save someone's life.

Jump pack that will recharge electronics that are rechargeable (comes with the proper cabling to do it all and weighs 2 or 3 #s) plus jump any of my motorized vehicles, plus spare AA and AAA batteries. Spare binos, some Cliffs Bars (I don't like them very well so am not tempted to eat them unless I am about out of food), Muskol insect repellent, sun screen, lens cleaners, small pillow, blanket, hand sanitizer, paper towels, wash cloth, towels, bar of soap, plastic bags from small zip locks through garbage bags. Gorilla tape, soft tie wire, and a set of decent scissors or shears, knife, hiking poles. Small 12 v air compressor with tire plug kit. Shovel, ratchet straps, 18" Fiskars garden saw (straight with pistol grip handle...$18 and cuts like crazy).

CX5Ranch

WKR
I keep a yearly supply of baby wipes in all my trucks, tractors, and log skidder. Even have a pack in my saddle bags

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
^^^ This. I have strongly considered this. Only thing is, I wouldn’t want a fuel can in my cab and rear bumpers with carriers are upwards of 2k...

There is a YouTube video of building a swing down tire carrier with Amazon parts. Looking at how this would work mounting a couple fuel cans.

Tire chains
20’ tow chain
6’ tow chain
2, 20’ tow straps
100’ braided tow rope
2 comealongs
2, shackles
2, tree straps
2, 3/4” x 4’ sections of rebar for anchors
Garden spade
Long handle shovel
Ax
Hand saw
Tire plug kit
Tire slime
12v compressor
Tool kit
14ga wire
Duct tape
2, 20,000 Lb ratchet straps
2, 1500 lb ratchet straps
18” crow bar
Leather gloves
Bug spray
Tylenol
Flashlight
.22 rifle
.22 LR ammo
20’ Jumper cables
Radiator pellets
Hose clamps
2, 2x8x4’ with 1x2 cleats

Extra clothes, water and snacks appropriate for where I’m traveling

With that gear I’ve extracted trucks from snow and downed trees in ME to the bottom of a valley after rolling off a coal road in WV to mud in MS to a punctured radiator & tires in NV to a iced mountain road in AZ and a whole lot of other misadventures in between.