What are you feeding your dog?

Diamond naturals. Plus a cut of uncooked red meat once or twice a week.

Energy levels after incorporating the raw meat have increased tremendously. I assume because it makes her feel very good.

Chocolate lab three years old.

Sharppse

FNG
Kinetic or Victor. Both treat my dogs well. Been an issue with availability over the last year and a half. Two hard charging chocolate labs that train daily and a golden that thinks she is a lab

We've been feeding our dogs a mix of Wellness Core and the Wellness Core raw for the past 3 years or so. We started with Wellness Core for our 6 year old dog since it was grain free and he was having stomach issues as a puppy with grains and they went away when we switched him to grain free. At one point the vet recommended we switch away from grain free due to a study allegedly showing it was linked to heart disease (DCM) so we gave the grain versions a try again (they were cheaper which was nice..). He didn't have any stomach issues anymore but we noticed he didn't seem to have as much energy and didn't seem as "healthy" as before.

After doing some research it seems like the study linking grain free food to DCM has some controversy surrounding it so we said screw it - we'll take our chances with it if it means our dog has more energy and looks/acts healthier. Haven't thought about switching since and both dogs love it.

Victor Senior for my almost 14 year old yellow lab. I hate watching her get old especially knowing how much of an incredibly talented super retriever she once was. Makes me sad, but every day with her still here is a blessing.

tony

WKR
3 year old European breed Doberman
started out on Fromm then switched to purine Pro Plan. GF stays up on dog food and decided to give this a try close to a year ago.
Using a slow feed bowl as well.
Last vet check about a month ago he weighed 84 pounds which is right where he needs to be.
Most recent pic from his vacation in Bar Harbor Maine, world’s most traveled dog 😁

Attachments

• 733A2C41-A33E-4DC1-A392-49CD5225E03B.jpeg
    733A2C41-A33E-4DC1-A392-49CD5225E03B.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 28

Mlutz

Lil-Rokslider
I have been feeding Dimond Naturals for about 8 years but recently switched to their Salmon formula because the dogs are getting older. It seemed to help my parents older dogs mobility when they switched.

Super tag

WKR
We use Canidae Organic, no pea protien, no potatoes, just real food, our dogs love it and are healthy and they don’t eat as much food because they get more of what they need from this brand. And they crap about half as much as they did on the previous brands lol. Our vet told us to lay off the pea protein and legumes because they enlarge a dogs heart and reduce its ability to function properly which leads to a shorter life-
who knows for sure

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
Been feeding our Lab Purina Pro Plan 30/20 since he turned 1. Before that was Purina pro plan for Pups recommended by the breeder. Conway Kennels out of Washington state, trained over 6K labs so that was good enough for me.

jktex

FNG
My blue lacy is not picky. I've been feeding her Beneful beef flavored twice a day with raw eggs twice a week. She also gets scraps of fish and venison. Lacys are known to have skin issues but so far so good and she's almost 2 now.
90cc5ed92152522c0e115b7652c8f5d3.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Right now I am feeding my Wire Haired Pointing Griffon Purina Puppy Pro... Was going to switch to the Purina Pro Plan 30/20 but I have been reading up on the Inukshuk seems like pretty good stuff.

Got me wondering, what is everyone feeding their dogs?
This is our first hunting/working dog, and it will be the first dog I've trained myself. We bought a Pudelpointer who turned 5 months today! No she isn't a Poodle Cross - its a 200 year old breed from Germany.
She was eating Loyall 30/20 puppy food so we transitioned her to Loyall Professional All Life Stage 30/20 Dog food. She likes it and we haven't noticed a ton of issues.

He recommended a couple other brands but since that what he was using we stuck with that. For a hunting dog we were told 30/20 is the most important and then buy the best food you could afford. Orijen, Victor and Inukshuk were all mentioned.
imagejpeg_0(3).jpg

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
Purina Pro Plan 30/20.

When I brought home the new pup last spring I dove into dog food info pretty hard. Kcal/cup and kcal/$ had PPP and Inukshuck as my top two choices, but PPP is more readily available if I'm in a pinch so I went with that.

My old dog started on diamond naturals, did a lot better on PPP. Fed the pup inukshuck initially as that what the breeder uses, didn't see any significant changes when I switched over to PPP.

Yoder

WKR
My one dog was super picky. She would just not eat for a couple days if she didn't like it. I tried a bunch of different brands and found she really liked Purina One True Instinct. My other dog would eat spare change and sticks so we stuck with the Purina One.