What are you getting your wife for Christmas this year?

wseidel

WKR
On the first Christmas with my wife-to-be back in 1978, I bought her a pair of women's Sorel boots. She always struggled with cold feet during the winter walking around the Madison, Wisconsin campus so I thought this was the perfect practical gift - that would keep on giving winter after winter. She was gracious about the gift but I learned then that I needed to be less practical and pragmatic. Interestingly, her Mom smiled when the gift was opened as she thought they were ice skates. When she learned they were winter boots, she continued to smile while saying, "Oh". We've been married now for 40+ years and I've learned the importance of gifts to honor her for being such a great wife and mother to our four boys. She has recently taken up playing ukuleles the past two years and struggles to spend money on new instruments. My decision earlier this fall was easy - a new ukulele that she will love and cherish as she plays it daily. Hint: Consider not only their needs but also something that they may not get for themselves. Hope this helps.

Well since her birthday is 29 Dec.
Probably something with the gift cards I get for xmas anyways

Screwed over as usual.......

She made it clear her birthday and xmas were 2 different events.

I pay the price for her cheap parents and relatives combining em when she was growing up....

Not an LOL!!! at all....

Termite

FNG
My wife is wanting me to stop spending so much money on hobbies. Haha. Sorry babe that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

On the first Christmas with my wife-to-be back in 1978, I bought her a pair of women's Sorel boots. She always struggled with cold feet during the winter walking around the Madison, Wisconsin campus so I thought this was the perfect practical gift - that would keep on giving winter after winter. She was gracious about the gift but I learned then that I needed to be less practical and pragmatic. Interestingly, her Mom smiled when the gift was opened as she thought they were ice skates. When she learned they were winter boots, she continued to smile while saying, "Oh". We've been married now for 40+ years and I've learned the importance of gifts to honor her for being such a great wife and mother to our four boys. She has recently taken up playing ukuleles the past two years and struggles to spend money on new instruments. My decision earlier this fall was easy - a new ukulele that she will love and cherish as she plays it daily. Hint: Consider not only their needs but also something that they may not get for themselves. Hope this helps.

That’s a great perspective. I wish I would have learned that one years ago, before she left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
Man... from the negative comments a youngster would be scared to marry after reading this! Lol.
I suppose I got lucky. My wife is my best friend and I can't imagine any body else I would rather spend the day... or week with. Hunting, fishing, camping... or just hanging out. 25 years now.

wysongdog

WKR
I’m kind of getting her a vacuum. She is cleaning the house constantly so I’m getting her a roomba to do the vacuuming for her. Also got her a chrysanthemum stone I came across at a rock/fossil shop. It’s a white crystal flower that forms in a black rock.
Think twice about the Roomba..They don't work near as well as advertised. If I had a chance to do it over again we wouldn't have went down that road. Not entirely useless but nor far from it.

Well since her birthday is 29 Dec.
Probably something with the gift cards I get for xmas anyways

Screwed over as usual.......

She made it clear her birthday and xmas were 2 different events.

I pay the price for her cheap parents and relatives combining em when she was growing up....

Not an LOL!!! at all....
I feel ya my wife’s birthday is January 10 and she said growing up there wasn’t much for a separate birthday and we have a 14 year old who’s birthday s December 29th also tough to separate from xmas. But we make sure they are separate events. Gets kinda expensive at the end of the year.

Mosby

WKR
I got my wife some quilting supplies she wants for Christmas. After 30 plus years of marriage and the kids out of the house, my wife needed a hobby. I talked her into trying quilting a few years ago. Smartest thing I ever did. She now spends more money on her hobby than I do mine and now says nothing when packages arrive with my name on it. Brilliant.

Cukleti

FNG
Got the wifey a PS5...yea right. I only wish. Got her some crafts to personalize for Christmas

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
Pregnancy? You guys are obviously on the wrong Internet site. You know that a baby comes 9 month's later? Actively planning to ruin hunting season tells me you're on the wrong Web site. This is Rokslide, everything you ever wanted to know about hunting. Welcome.

StuckoYota99

Lil-Rokslider
I'm getting married on 12/12. She is a damn fine apocalypse survival partner. I got her a cabelas edition Tikka t3 lite in 6.5 creedmoor because she wants to start hunting next year.

Sevens

WKR
I feel ya my wife’s birthday is January 10 and she said growing up there wasn’t much for a separate birthday and we have a 14 year old who’s birthday s December 29th also tough to separate from xmas. But we make sure they are separate events. Gets kinda expensive at the end of the year.
Had a friend in college whose birthday was 12/24, he just celebrated his birthday in July as no way of getting past having your birthday lost to Xmas.

Have another buddy born on 2/14; doesn’t really get much of birthday, but pretty much neutralizes Valentine’s Day responsibilities for him.

And my wife’s getting some child themed items. We had kid one in September.