What are you listening to now?

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Brant Bjork. And whatever comes up on my “Brant Bjork Radio” station on Spotify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vids

WKR
Been cycling pretty regularly between Tool: Fear Inoculum and Alice in Chains: Rainier Fog lately. Have to say that after losing Layne Staley, AIC has put out three fantastic albums which I didn't think they could do. Shows how big of a part Jerry Cantrell always played in their songwriting. And Tool, yeah they are the GOATs of prog rock.

SonnyDay

WKR
Love me some AIC, so I guess I should check out their newer stuff. Layne was a huge loss. Otherwise, my boys (16 and 12) are gobbling up the Zeppelin on bass (Will) and drums (Elias), leaving me to figure out the guitar... so been listening to lots of (early years!) LZ. And Johnny Cash. And Motley.

Vids

WKR
Love me some AIC, so I guess I should check out their newer stuff. Layne was a huge loss. Otherwise, my boys (16 and 12) are gobbling up the Zeppelin on bass (Will) and drums (Elias), leaving me to figure out the guitar... so been listening to lots of (early years!) LZ. And Johnny Cash. And Motley.

I'd definitely recommend checking out the newer AIC stuff. Just don't expect it to be quite the same. Less about drugs and being depressed, more about the wisdom of being older and having experienced life. Lots of people get hung up on "but it's not Layne". It's not, but they had to move on. Duvall makes great harmonies with Cantrell which is a backbone of the sound, along with Jerry's awesome riffs. Their newer albums really grew on me the more I listened to them.

Way to raise your kids right! Mine are younger, but I'm thoroughly schooling them on rock and roll. They are currently big fans of Shinedown, and they hear plenty of Zep, Cash, AC/DC, Floyd, Maiden and Rush.

SonnyDay

WKR
I'd definitely recommend checking out the newer AIC stuff. Just don't expect it to be quite the same. Less about drugs and being depressed, more about the wisdom of being older and having experienced life. Lots of people get hung up on "but it's not Layne". It's not, but they had to move on. Duvall makes great harmonies with Cantrell which is a backbone of the sound, along with Jerry's awesome riffs. Their newer albums really grew on me the more I listened to them.

Way to raise your kids right! Mine are younger, but I'm thoroughly schooling them on rock and roll. They are currently big fans of Shinedown, and they hear plenty of Zep, Cash, AC/DC, Floyd, Maiden and Rush.

I actually started my love of AIC on Jerry's vocals... so I will check the newer albums out for sure. And... ya know... some of us have moved beyond the things and the stuff and started to benefit from the wisdom of being older and more experienced. Music has been a salve and also a muse. Thanks for the intel!

Long story... but I also have a 3-year-old, and she's in daily training on the classics.

For those about to rock...

Vids

WKR
I actually started my love of AIC on Jerry's vocals... so I will check the newer albums out for sure. And... ya know... some of us have moved beyond the things and the stuff and started to benefit from the wisdom of being older and more experienced. Music has been a salve and also a muse. Thanks for the intel!

Long story... but I also have a 3-year-old, and she's in daily training on the classics.

For those about to rock...

I also think Jerry has a great voice, and if you like it you will love the new stuff. He sings a lot more than he used to, and sounds great. I agree about the wisdom of growing older, and that's a big part of why I like their new stuff. Great lyrics about dealing with life's lessons. I think the timing of Layne's death and their recovery from that coincided with them becoming more mature as people, so it was a natural progression to start writing about different things.

Do yourself a favor and check out Red Giant on Youtube. Also a hidden gem on Rainier Fog is All I Am, it really shows off Cantrell's singing ability.

Ursus1975

FNG
Looking at my Amazon Music lineup...Sturgill Simpson, Tool, 2Pac, Rage Against the Machine, Colter Wall, Aesop Rock, Led Zeppelin, Atmosphere, Tom Petty, Seasick Steve, Lynard Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughan...etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is right in line with My list as well, I listen to music just about 6 hours a day so i need a diverse lineup. Add in the Dead, B. Marley, Some Biggie, Billy Strings has been playing alot lately.

Bsd0323

Lil-Rokslider
Top 3 stations on my pandora are five finger death punch radio, steeldrivers radio and 2000s hip hop/rap radio.