What are you shooting for targets?

cmeier117

WKR
I am in the market for a archery target and curious what you guys are shooting at? I live on a dead end road at the edge of town and have a field 100 yards from my house that I can shoot in. I would like the target to be small enough so that I can carry it to the field and throw it in the back of my truck if I am going somewhere else to shoot. I am looking at Rheinharts now but they are spendy..

Last edited:
OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Well... I would want a broadhead target but I may have to just get a field tip target. If I could find a BH target for a good deal I would just get that. But I mainly need it for field tips.

dotman

WKR
I only shoot Reinharts, they last a long time and I only shoot broadheads.

Lawnboi

WKR
Reinhart. The only target i will get for now on as far as block style targets go. iv got an 18-1 that has taken alot of abuse. Im still going to try to use that warranty before a year is up though. I plan on getting one of thier block style targets for fp's only, it should last forever. Then ill just get an 18-1 every other year for bh's assuming i can shoot it enough to warranty it out.

Lawnboi

WKR
With the reinhart you will have no problem w/ bh's and fp's. It stops both. I have literally shot hundreds of bh shots into one side of the 18-1, and i just started to barely poke through the back. With block style targets it only takes a few before your poking out the back in my experience.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
The 18-1 looks nice. I am going to go look at one this week. It seems kind of small?

Lawnboi

WKR
The 18-1 looks nice. I am going to go look at one this week. It seems kind of small?

It is farily small, but thats never been a problem for me, i always use a backstop with it. Another one to look at would be the rhino block, or brute or whatever they are calling thier big block target. I plan on getting that one next.

They are small, but they last, arrows are pretty easy to pull out, and in the 18-1's case the warranty is nice. I took the warranty as a challenge.

Honestly i doubt you would be disappointed, i now shoot my reinhart over my big bag target just because i like the target so much.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Maybe I will get a few compressed hay bails as a backstop for when I am shooting longer ranges... Thanks Lawnboi I will look at one.

OR Archer

WKR
If youre looking at the Rineharts also check out the RhinoBlock. These are a bit larger than the 18-1 and feature a replaceable core. The replacement cores are relatively inexpensive as well. If you can keep your broadheads inside the core that target will last you for years by just replacing the core section.

dotman

WKR
I have both the 18-1 and their big block. The big block I have has a replaceable center piece and I did finally blow thru it after a year now I just have to replace the center. My 18-1 I do not use as much but it is a great target, pick up the gorril grip because when the targets are new and depending on temp they can suck to remove arrows with bh.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
RhinoBlock or Delta SpeedBag for me... Only foam targets I'll buy are the Rhineharts anymore... If I don't make my own foam blocks in the future that is.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
No one is shooting this target?? I can get a heck of a deal on one and just curious if anyone has used it? 3 year warranty seems pretty good!