What Are You Stocking Up On?

Rob5589

WKR
Filling the freezer with does, always have an apocalypse supply for emergencies, live by a river I guess if we run out of water. My parents are full on prepping, canning.

I heard a neat podcast explaining the supply issue, I’ll give you what I remember, the numbers could be off a bit. It was an interview with the former COO of Toyota N America.

The ports in Cali can handle 14,000 containers daily, there are currently 26,000 arriving per day. There are 550,000 containers on ships waiting to unload. So if they increase handling by 100% which is tough to do, they will be gaining by 2000 containers from the 550k per day, meaning 225 days at 200% operating capacity.

Then you have shortages for storage, transport by rail or truck, nobody has warehouses anymore, everything is built for “just in time” arrival, from stores to car plants, so you just move the bottleneck from the port to the next place. So basically he said you need to increase all the bottlenecks at the same time or you can’t catch up. I don’t see this working out soon.
Local news today reported 158 cargo ships waiting to off load with only about 25 in port and in the process, with the largest ships holding upwards of 20k containers. You're right, it ain't getting better any time soon.

Nontoxic Shotgun shells. I stock no matter what but especially during the pandemic. California requires nontoxic so I get them when I can.

Elk97

WKR
Green coffee beans (store forever vac packed), tires, canned stuff, meat, medicines, chicken feed, dog food, chainsaw stuff, boots, vehicles, etc. Went through the inflation in the 70's, everything is going to be much more expensive this time around IMO.

gelton

WKR
Today I just bought 15 gallons of my diesel truck oil (that's four oil changes), four oil filters, already have fuel filters, two 30k mile air filters, and three sets of windshield wipers for each vehicle. In the past few weeks I also bought two year's supply of my Sumatra Reserve dark coffee, winter tires on extra rims for my wife's car, another dozen RIP TKO arrow shafts, and a Smittybilt compressor for the truck.

I have started noticing a few things that are disappearing on the shelves. They'll all be nonexistent at some point, or more expensive at least, so might as well stock up while they're still at normal pricing if you can find them.
Where did you find the RIP TKO's? I am sure you shoot a .250 or lower but I cant find the .300's anywhere.

Randle

WKR
Just pumped our septic , dont want to have a problem with that. Garbage bags, paper plates, plastic ware to conserve water useage. propane for our back up heat source. its all stuff we use anyway.

NDGuy

WKR
Me? Making new friends and tinkering with my cannibal holocaust suit.

1636409614313.png

Moserkr

WKR
Live out in the sticks kinda so usually have 3-6 months set aside easily. Just told my wife we need to double it so went out and now we have roughly 1 years worth of everything (minus fresh veggies), plus a full freezer and access to much more. Thinking about doubling it again and setting aside 2 years of goods, to be safer. Water and heat arent a big concern, im walking distance to a spring, and a seasonal creek, and have trees littering the property. Got enough ammo to ward off the few hoards of zombies that make it out of the city or meth houses, as does the rest of the neighborhood. Pretty quiet out here, but if a few less airliners flew over I wouldnt complain.

Writings on the wall…. May as well get ready. If the ammo shortage was any indication, people are not trusting what is happening, and violence (political) is on the rise in the US. The guy who shot Scalise should have been your wake up call. The “peaceful protests” and twisted media, along with countless other examples should have us extremely concerned. Let it happen while Im young so my kids can grow up in peace.

Mosby

WKR
My freezers are full. Ordered a new and larger propane tank that should be here soon. I have a new Vizsla pup coming in February just to make sure I don't run out of hunting dogs.