What are You Watching?

Easy question(s), in terms of YouTube...

What do you like to watch? What are your favorite channels to learn from that you feel like gives you the best learning?

What kind of videos/topics are you interested in? What would you like to see more of?

I know this is kind of random, I am just curious about what you guys are watching on YouTube which (for me at least) is one of the biggest places I go to learn something. I am looking for some new channels to take a look at (since I only follow like 3 channels XD)

dtrkyman

WKR
Matt' s off road recovery, Fab Rats, The Hunting Public, Pinhoti Project. All kinds of random garbage!

Huge time suck in the off months!

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
As far as hunting content goes, I tend to not like the "influencer" or "professional" types of shows, I enjoy watching some random guys channel and seeing them have success, as it makes me think "hey if this idiot, can go to (enter state here) and have success so can I."

tdvxrdob

FNG
I find Brandon McDonald entertaining but take his stuff with a grain of salt as I do for most. Fishing related I enjoy ndyaker above all else for mostly entertainment but I've gotten some good tips from his channel as well.

RMM

WKR
The Hunting Public. On a side note, I watched a Chris Bee video of an elk he killed in Montana earlier today. What a jerkoff. I understand being excited but he literally threw his bow and his quiver like 10ft, jumping around whooping and hollering. Not to mention he has a very punchable face.

Been watching a ton of Corey Jacobsons videos on elk101. His Destination Elk series actually has me excited for the next episodes! Hunting public, Dialed in Hunter, the Born and Raised guys are fun to watch too.

Love watching Coon Creek Outdoors for everything trapping/skinning related!

Uncut Angling is always another GO TO when I’m in the mood for fishing vids! Aaron cracks me up and all his videos are super educational too!

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I dont watch any series or channels on youtube. But if you want to learn some very interesting and useful knowledge, Kymatica-the full length movie and Earl Nightingale-the strangest secret are both on YouTube.

Yoder

WKR
My favorite for whitetail hunting is the Dan Infalt Hunting Beast channel. I've learned the most from him. Next are Hunting Public and Catman outdoors. I also like The Untamed, DIY hunter and Do it yourself hunter.

Watching Infalt and THP have made me a better hunter. I've seen more deer the last two years than I ever have hunting just following their advice.

GWilliams

FNG
Gritty makes really great bear hunting videos that I’ve binged on a few occasions. Great wealth of knowledge with awesome footage of some backcountry.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
THP, Remi Warren, Born and raised outdoors, hush, Midwest Whitetail, Bobbyguyfilms….pretty much any channel that involves hunting

bsnedeker

WKR
The Hunting Public. On a side note, I watched a Chris Bee video of an elk he killed in Montana earlier today. What a jerkoff. I understand being excited but he literally threw his bow and his quiver like 10ft, jumping around whooping and hollering. Not to mention he has a very punchable face.
That video is the worst type of content. Dude was CLEARLY hunting a private ranch but makes no mention of it at all. I have no problem with hunting private at all, but those types of videos make it seem like that's what elk hunting is about and guys come out expecting that type of experience. I feel like 90% of the dudes that come to RS with the "not looking for any honey holes, just a spot I'll be into elk" do so based on this type of content. They have no clue how difficult elk hunting can be.

It aggravates me.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

RMM

WKR
That video is the worst type of content. Dude was CLEARLY hunting a private ranch but makes no mention of it at all. I have no problem with hunting private at all, but those types of videos make it seem like that's what elk hunting is about and guys come out expecting that type of experience. I feel like 90% of the dudes that come to RS with the "not looking for any honey holes, just a spot I'll be into elk" do so based on this type of content. They have no clue how difficult elk hunting can be.

It aggravates me.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately that seems to happen a lot. Guys love to give the impression that they're getting after it on public because it makes them seem like better hunters. Cam Hanes is another one.

Ten Bears

WKR
Recently dumped cable so I did the youtube thing for a minute.

Moved on to the free channels on my Samsung TV. There is a channel that plays Macgyver and JAG all day. Caught the Macgyver Bigfoot episode today. Forgot how awesome TV was.

Vaultman

WKR
Two non hunting ones...
Dr. Brian Sutterer (he analyzes sport injuries)
The Hoof GP (Don't know how it got suggested to me, but I have been hooked for months).

RMM

WKR
Two non hunting ones...
Dr. Brian Sutterer (he analyzes sport injuries)
The Hoof GP (Don't know how it got suggested to me, but I have been hooked for months).
The hoof GP came up on my facebook randomly yesterday and I spent no less than 45 min watching his videos