What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnOyster

WKR
Good video, something that’s nearly impossible NOT to do and most do it without thinking about it, touching your face, think about it , NOT touching your face is next to near impossible, mostly from a slight itch you scratch your nose, rub your eye or eyebrows or rub your chin no telling how many times a day, it’s the number one cause of transmission according to most dr’s.

NYC has 8 million people in it, think about that kind of crowd day in day out now think about New Orleans and Mardi Gras last month, if you have never been down there you can’t imagine how many people or how filthy it really is but if you have then you understand why this virus spreads so easy. It’s pretty easy to predict where the hottest spots in America are gonna be and where most deaths are gonna occur

I’d like to find the video of the mayor of NYC and the lady that told that city how ready they were for the corona virus and people shouldn’t let it stop them from doing what ever they wanted to do and to go to restaurants and not stop their everyday routine, I bet that lady can’t find a hole deep enough to hide in right now.

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
I am glad he closed down the incoming traffic as he did.....now he should quarantine the hot zones, JMO.

I think he still has hope of avoiding the economic tsunami but it is coming no matter what....

Could see the 1930's again. Well, the people were harder/heartier back then so it will be way worse.....

I’m out near the Utah border, a very popular spot for the ski area peeps to spend their spring. Like the ones from eagle and summit counties. Eagle county is exploding with WuFlu, and many of them are still coming out, despite the restrictions. They all tend to camp out in the desert, near the bike trails, and coming into Fruita for supplies.
That is a big issue. We have ONE grocery store in Fruita, and word is there are locals about to implement their own checkpoints coming into town. IDK what to think of that. Could be a modern version of pitchforks and torches. We do need to at least slow down the incoming traffic. Right off I70, and the last gas/grocery stop before westbound travelers leave the state, it would be nearly impossible.
We have been staying home, it just makes sense for us. I did go into Fruita yesterday to top off my tank and gas cans, looked like mostly normal traffic to me. Quite a few Subaru’s with Mt bikes racked up.

I’m confident we will get through this, but people are on edge for sure. My wife thought I was crazy for spending 700.00 at sams club when this crap first hit the US, but she sure likes not having to run to the stores lately.

does anyone know if there is any significance of the type of the exposure people get vs how sick they get?

can the amount of exposure change how sick people get? it seems like some areas have a worrisome death rate, while others seem to have extremely high survival rate, and i'm wondering why.

a Dr that is working with sick folks may get mass exposure to the virus, does that make the infection worse?

maybe people with high exposure get exposed to more than one strain of the virus making it more severe?

MtnOyster

WKR
I kinda bragged on Gov Cuomo a few pages ago aaanndd I used to be a registered Democrat (when it really stood for the working class or so I thought) but I have turned completely against this man for his “”federal declaration of war against the states”” is complete and total BS when one President is trying to protect all 50 states instead of worrying about one or two that is ravished with this virus and has the potential to infect a lot more other states, quarantine those sickest states, do not allow out of state travel to those residents once it gets to A certain point of infection rates.

This shouldn’t matter if your a dem, a rep, or an independent, LOCK those severely infected cities or states down and protect the rest , If it was my state that was over flowing with this sickness I would be all for it to protect the rest of them.

Billinsd

WKR
I have turned completely against this man for his “”federal declaration of war against the states”” is complete and total BS.
Cuomo wants to be President. Possibly in 2020 if Biden implodes or 2024, that's why he's GRANDSTANDING. I don't care for him, however, I'm a huge believer in state rights and believe the President has gained too much power over the other branches of government, since Lincoln. In this situation, however, the President is ultimately the top dog, I reluctantly agree with. Bill

Scrappy

WKR

EastMT

WKR
Cuomo wants to be President. Possibly in 2020 if Biden implodes or 2024, that's why he's GRANDSTANDING. I don't care for him, however, I'm a huge believer in state rights and believe the President has gained too much power over the other branches of government, since Lincoln. In this situation, however, the President is ultimately the top dog, I reluctantly agree with. Bill

What people forget is the power you give to the president when your choice is in power, the next time you lose the opposition gets the same power and tries for more. I say reel them all in by holding the line.

Billinsd

WKR
What people forget is the power you give to the president when your choice is in power, the next time you lose the opposition gets the same power and tries for more. I say reel them all in by holding the line.
I couldn't agree more!!!

Elk97

WKR
Here in WA we may be seeing a slight slowdown, too early to tell but there might be a little, tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
Oh, and WDFW just closed youth turkey hunt and spring bear :-((

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Here in WA we may be seeing a slight slowdown, too early to tell but there might be a little, tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
Oh, and WDFW just closed youth turkey hunt and spring bear :-((

Looks like their reasoning for canceling spring bear is due to travel.
1585612228257.png

At least that is how I am reading it between the lines. Knowing Oregon we will probably follow you guys..

Mike7

WKR
If they are going to close down hunting in the people's republic of washington to save the bears from possible coronavirus infection, then they should also close down walking sidewalks and trails outside of your house so you don't possibly cough on any birds or squirrels.

A typical western WA bear hunter might purchase his license online, stop and pay for gas outside with a credit card & treat his/her hands with alcohol gel thereafter, and then arrive at a cold, wet, empty trailhead with zero human contact. So, I can only surmise, that this directive is an effort to protect wild animals from coronavirus.

MattB

WKR
Can't remember if its been covered or not..I get why they don't want large gatherings like sporting events, concerts, etc.. but I can't get my hair cut or other "non-essential" things, but I go to the grocery store today and it looked like any other Saturday. The business next door has to be closed because 20 people come in and out of there each day, but there were 100s of people in the grocery store.

Most people consider being able to eat more essential than being able to get a hair cut.
Am I the only one that's wondering how much worse it would be without the current precautions? We're doubling cases every so many days, more people dying each day.. not saying the current recommendations are wrong, just generally curious how much we're flattening the curve vs what it would be like with no precautions.

Not the only one, but one of very few. The number of sick people could be quadrupling daily instead of doubling. See Italy as an example. It has not turned out so well for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord