What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAK

WKR
They quarantined a city of 11 million?
Uh, yeah we're not getting the whole story.
With that amount of people in one place, it
was inevitable.

Rmauch20

WKR
On a positive note if it takes out 2 to 3% of the worlds population that could help draw odds and point creep.

I think It’s currently at 12 cities with roughly 35 million people.

More locally to me a possible case in Douglas County.

On a positive note if it takes out 2 to 3% of the worlds population that could help draw odds and point creep.

I think It’s currently at 12 cities with roughly 35 million people.

More locally to me a possible case in Douglas County.
So what youre saying is I may have a chance? 🙏😁

S.Clancy

WKR
I giggled at "Kung Flu". My take, this has the ability to be very, very bad IF certain things happen. Viruses have the ability to mutate very quickly, so attributes like virulence and mortality can change. If either of these, or both, change in the right, or wrong, direction it certainly will become interesting. Time will tell.

tdhanses

WKR
CDC reports 8000-20,000 deaths from our flu in the US from October to January...

In one city? I’ll take our flues odds over this crap, have we quarantined 45 million people for the flu? https://www.npr.org/2020/01/27/8001...tine-as-officials-try-to-halt-coronavirus-spr

And why would their president say it is a “grave’ situation, seems something isn’t fully being told.

“Chinese President Xi Jinping has called the outbreak a “grave” situation andsent the country’s Premier, Li Keqiang, to Wuhan to assess the response to the virus. Li, who is head of a new task force that’s coordinating efforts to contain the disease, said Monday that the government would send 2,500 more medical workers to Wuhan over the next two days. As of Tuesday morning, 4,130 medical staff from around China had arrived in Hubei province; it is expected that a total of 6,000 will arrive. At least two makeshift hospitals created to respond to the virus are being constructed in Wuhan and national health officials have said more than 10,000 beds will be ready in Wuhan soon.”

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
In one city? I’ll take our flues odds over this crap, haven’t thousands died in one city alone in the past few weeks?

Yes the flu death rate is .1%, this is 2.5%. So if it is as easy to transmit and can’t be contained, you’d be looking at 25x that number possibly. That’s no taking into account overwhelmed hospitals etc. should it become that bad. Hopefully not, but it doesn’t hurt to think about the situation/responses.

The other thing people aren’t considering is the financial problems if it continues. China’s flights are down 78%, travel gone. It could easily be a catalyst that starts them into slow down. So many of our daily used items come from there auto parts, electronics, etc. Yeah they are less quality but nobody to fill those orders for awhile.

There’s goes your new budget optics.......

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Fur buyers have already dropped buying prices on fur quite a bit, they were already pretty low.

tdhanses

WKR
Yes the flu death rate is .1%, this is 2.5%. So if it is as easy to transmit and can’t be contained, you’d be looking at 25x that number possibly. That’s no taking into account overwhelmed hospitals etc. should it become that bad. Hopefully not, but it doesn’t hurt to think about the situation/responses.

The other thing people aren’t considering is the financial problems if it continues. China’s flights are down 78%, travel gone. It could easily be a catalyst that starts them into slow down. So many of our daily used items come from there auto parts, electronics, etc. Yeah they are less quality but nobody to fill those orders for awhile.

There’s goes your new budget optics.......

Looks like only 106 have died but thousands have it, just weird how China is reacting.

How will Vortex handle their warranty claims now, lol.

ODB

WKR
In one city? I’ll take our flues odds over this crap, have we quarantined 45 million people for the flu? https://www.npr.org/2020/01/27/8001...tine-as-officials-try-to-halt-coronavirus-spr

And why would their president say it is a “grave’ situation, seems something isn’t fully being told.

“Chinese President Xi Jinping has called the outbreak a “grave” situation andsent the country’s Premier, Li Keqiang, to Wuhan to assess the response to the virus. Li, who is head of a new task force that’s coordinating efforts to contain the disease, said Monday that the government would send 2,500 more medical workers to Wuhan over the next two days. As of Tuesday morning, 4,130 medical staff from around China had arrived in Hubei province; it is expected that a total of 6,000 will arrive. At least two makeshift hospitals created to respond to the virus are being constructed in Wuhan and national health officials have said more than 10,000 beds will be ready in Wuhan soon.”

No, not one city - but not 1:1000 could have told you that stat...

BuckSnort

WKR
Jeezus, what a load of crap that website is.. Bunch of fear mongering propaganda....

Oh I defenitely think anything is possible, but my comment about that website still stands.. Spend a little time on there and you will see... This was towards the bottom of the page:

"
For SUBSCRIBERS who support this web site with $1 a week, billed Quarterly ($13), I will now provide the utterly TERRIFYING information from absolutely COVERT INTELLIGENCE regarding why I am raising the specter of a Biological Weapon.

BEGIN COVERT INTEL

PREMIUM CONTENT:
This section of the article is only available for Subscribers who support this web site with $1 a week billed either Quarterly ($13) or monthly ($5).
This is necessary because this is a CLOUD-BASED web site. The way it works is YOU READ . . . I GET BILLED for "Data Transfer."
Despite being politely asked for voluntary donations, few people ever bothered to donate. Then, despite being asked to click an ad within a story to generate ad revenue for this site, the majority of the general public couldn't be bothered with that, either. So there's no reason to give the general public free news anymore; they don't pull their own weight.
With tens-of-thousands of people reading stories here every day, the costs nearly drove the site out of business.
In order to be able to continue providing cutting-edge news, often hours or even DAYS before Drudge and most of the "mass-media" -- if they even cover it at all -- I need to be able to sustain this effort. To do that, I rely on folks like YOU contributing a pittance of about $1 a week; which is chump-change that you won't even miss! Yet that small amount makes all the difference in the world to the continued existence of this web site.
In the final analysis, knowledge is power. Getting information first, or info that other sources simply don't report, is usually well worth a few bucks in the long run.
Please click here to choose a subscription plan in order to view this part of the article.
Subscribers LOGIN to see the story.
*** If you are having trouble logging-in, email: [email protected]
YOU MUST SET YOUR WEB BROWSER TO "ACCEPT COOKIES" FROM THIS SITE IN ORDER TO LOGIN OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE PREMIUM CONTENT.

As of Saturday morning, January 25, no other media outlet in the world is showing you the images and videos you found here. It takes enormous resources and time to do this.

Today is Saturday, January 25 and that means I have six days to raise the $4200+ needed to fund this web site and radio show for the month of February.

The radio show has NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISERS by design. Advertisers don't like controversy and when a show like mine airs blunt truth or politically-incorrect views, radical lefties start advertiser boycotts. If the show depends on that revenue, the advertisers get to have Editorial control. They are able to say "Shut up or shut down."

Here, we celebrate free speech, no matter who doesn't like it. In order to do that, there has to be a way to fund the endeavor which does NOT rely on ads. That's YOU!

It takes a LOT of money to run this cloud-based web site; I get charged "Bandwidth/Data Transfer" for each site visitor, for the transmission of content to them. This charge also applies to the Internet audio feeds during the live shows.
Put simply, YOU read or listen, I GET BILLED!

Moreover, there are other significant costs:
The radio stations (WBCQ, WRMI and KYAH), the listener call-in phone lines, Music licensing fees to use bumper music, Fiber optic lines to carry the show to the net and to the radio stations, studio costs, equipment maintenance and replacement and so on.

All totaled, it takes about $4200 a month to keep this endeavor alive.

For that, YOU get the latest breaking news that matters. You get free speech radio 5 nights a week, with solid information the mass-media simply doesn't cover, or fails to cover thoroughly.

I NEED YOUR HELP to keep this going for February.

Please click the yellow DONATE button below to make a contribution of $10, $20, $35, $50 or more. Every little bit helps.

Please don't think "someone else will do it" because they don't. YOU are the "someone else."

The clock is ticking and the calendar is set. I have until Feb 1. Please donate now!"

Damn! What a crazy bunch! Kind of like a tornado or a lightning strike... if it is your time, it's your time!!! This too shall pass!

Squamch

WKR
I'm entirely unscared.

If it gets shipped over to India too, and wipes out a bunch of them, think of the positive effects it would have on emissions!
Might help with the allegedly impending food crisis too.

I can't do shit to change anything, so I think I'll tell my family I love them, then go to work tomorrow, just like most wednesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.