What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmez

WKR
People like to be scared. People like to sensationalize. People like to feel that someone is taking care of them. People like to think they somehow had a hand in preventing the world's next catastrophe.

Dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Final thought and I’m done with attempting to share valuable information and being the voice of reason. Mask in areas with close human interactions don’t work.

Final thought and I’m done with attempting to share valuable information and being the voice of reason. Mask in areas with close human interactions don’t work.

First of I didn’t say anything about not liking heavy people, but if you think we are some kind of world model for health and fitness, I don’t know what to say. Pointing out that it’s going to effect smokers more than non smokers is not saying I don’t like smokers, that’s just a crazy statement.

Heavy people will be effected more, smokers, asthma, etc. That’s just facts not personal opinion.

This whole beating my chest I’m not scared is seriously like 7th grade bullshit. Who said they were scared? All the info, bits, news is just fascinating to me. In my work I’ve been exposed to measles, tb, anthrax, all kinds of various zoonotics. So pound your chest, feel tough. I have seen zero fear on here, just a discussion about happenings while getting to watch a pandemic in real time like never before.

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
My university gave us and additional week of spring break and the option for online alternative once back on the 22nd.

zacattack

WKR
University I work at just ended on campus lectures, we have to teach the rest of the semester online. Which isn’t that bad, but man administration just told 50k students to go home. It’s like a ghost town around here. We still report to work as normal.
We are allowed in state only travel on official university business.
Now no travel to Europe, man this whole thing is nuts.

Thanks for the info. I tried to say some similar stuff but people blow it off and say I’m down playing it. I’ve heard similar strait from doctors mouths. saying it’s not like what the media is making it out to be. And washing your hands is good practice.

EastMT

WKR
I have friends that just landed in Iceland, it’s not physically part of Europe but part of the European economy officially, not sure if they are stuck or not. They may have to return quick, but don’t know yet. Ouch

brsnow

WKR
We should put plans/structure in place to treat those that get sick. Skip putting life on hold and use good judgment. Zero leadership in this country.

How plausible does this sound to ya'll?

View attachment 161309
Certainly sounds plausible but I work with numbers, not immune systems, so I would like to see a source on that from someone who does work with immune systems. I know the person who originally posted it said they couldn't track down the initial link but I'd be very interested to read it.
Also, I've gotta ask, based off your post right before this one, are you saying the people who implemented the suspension of the NBA season/European travel are also sheep?

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
The people who implemented the bans/closures are probably looking to cover their asses but may be acting out of an abundance of caution (I hate that term). Different people will react differently to those bans/closures. Sheep (people who cannot fathom caring for themselves) will certainly overreact.

The info I have found says that kung flu gains access to cells via a protein. But I have no clue about that kind of thing.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
trimeric S glycoprotein within the virus is (as I understand it) the key to entry into a human cell.

ODB

WKR

Fatcamp

WKR
Hopefully There is a decrease when the weather warms up. And hope all the elderly stay healthy.

I heard NBA cancelled? Also heard hunting season is cancelled too so don’t bother applying for tags.

Due to the deer being infected with Corona virus Wyomings deer season is closed. Sorry. Maybe buy a point in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.