What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well it looks like the total knee replacement my wife was supposed to be getting on Wednesday is canceled. Poor girl is in so much pain it’s ridiculous, basically bone on bone, but they are calling it an elective surgery.

She’s had to use those dang electric carts at the store for awhile now, they didn’t want to replace it as she was too young, but finally got bad enough that they had to do it. It’s probably the best of a bad situation, don’t want her having problems and not room to treat her, hopefully this blows over fast, with less problems than Italy.

Hope so for her sake, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
9dd6499684971a2feff448d9ea566560.jpg

Also in case there are any doubts, if you drink bleach you are guaranteed not to die from Coronavirus. I mean the bleach will kill you but at least you didn’t get a virus.

Fatcamp

WKR
Well it looks like the total knee replacement my wife was supposed to be getting on Wednesday is canceled. Poor girl is in so much pain it’s ridiculous, basically bone on bone, but they are calling it an elective surgery.

She’s had to use those dang electric carts at the store for awhile now, they didn’t want to replace it as she was too young, but finally got bad enough that they had to do it. It’s probably the best of a bad situation, don’t want her having problems and not room to treat her, hopefully this blows over fast, with less problems than Italy.

Honestly, you do not want your loved ones in a hospital right now unless absolutely necessary. Pain never killed anyone. What's going on now very well could. Hold each other close and be patient.

If it makes anyone feel better, here at ground zero in the Seattle area, doctors working in the ICUs haven't been seeing what the media is reporting. Some of you guys need to breathe before you blow a gasket. Calm heads will prevail.

Rmauch20

WKR
If it makes anyone feel better, here at ground zero in the Seattle area, doctors working in the ICUs haven't been seeing what the media is reporting. Some of you guys need to breathe before you blow a gasket. Calm heads will prevail.

Who wants to read that! It is much more fun to doom and gloom. Now I have to get back to my hoarding.

One of the first deaths in Washington was a child.

They are considered low risk, not zero risk, and I hate to bring up the fact that the kids in the US have a different set of preexisting conditions then alot of the kids elsewhere in the world. Obesity, asthma, etc. So that subset of the population hasnt been tested with CV19 and other health factors.

Stocks in Sony and Microsoft will likely go up from the amount of additional online gaming.

Are you positive that a kid died? I can’t find that info anywhere. Everything I’ve read so far is that kids are really less likely to even get it. And if they do they are very mild symptoms.
Our schools closed..yet still
Not one case in our whole county
Now they are talking about gathering all the kids at rec centers to play during the day. Since that makes sense haha. Wtf. Just keep them in school if your gonna put them all at rec center day cares lol

ODB

WKR

100%. Have close friends at Harborview and UWMed. They say same thing. Things are heavily protocoled, but they ain’t panicking. No place I would imagine is better prepared than Harborview.

keep this phrase in mind “negative air pressure.” After this event, more of your local hospitals will build wards with NAP to better prepare for the next event.

ODB

WKR
Are you positive that a kid died? I can’t find that info anywhere. Everything I’ve read so far is that kids are really less likely to even get it. And if they do they are very mild symptoms.
Now they are talking about gathering all the kids at rec centers to play during the day. Since that makes sense haha. Wtf. Just keep them in school if your gonna put them all at rec center day cares lol

Not finding this either. Would think it would top stories.

Just read this thing on MSN - some guy and his brother went and bought up all the hand sanitizer and wipes from every store within X miles and was selling to the highest bidder - he was then stopped by amazon and whatever (my computer froze) for selling hand sanitizer at up to $70/bottle and N95 masks up to $125/each. Glad they stopped him, but he's got XX,000 or XXX,000 bottles or something like that. Says it is his right to make money off it.

That's where the stuff the public needs went to.

Hope you guys can make it thru without any incidents. Sounds like you are more prepared than most.
I saw that article too. It's too bad there are people that selfish in this country. Once they shut him down, he claimed he "was doing it for the good of the general public, by buying it from local stores and shipping it." If he truly had a good motive, then why didn't he take what he bought and sell it to stores in the cities that were sold out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR

A border guard mentioned it when I came into Canada from the US the other day. Asked me a ton of questions (health and travel related) and when I asked why he was grilling me and the American guard hadn't, his response was a kid had died in Washington. It startled me a bit, cuz I was in the head space that my 2 infants were safe.

When I checked online, there was 0.2% of the deaths had happened in the age bracket of 10-19.

So no, I am not positive. That's a good point, I'll edit my post.

tdot

WKR
How did Trump's COVID-19 test come back negative? He has been around people who test positive. I thought if you texted somebody with COVID-19 you were infected.

They have to send you a sneeze emoji. Then you're infected.

Rich M

WKR
I saw that article too. It's too bad there are people that selfish in this country. Once they shut him down, he claimed he "was doing it for the good of the general public, by buying it from local stores and shipping it." If he truly had a good motive, then why didn't he take what he bought and sell it to stores in the cities that were sold out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty much.

Some folks have vision, and he may be a great businessman but he's a lousy person for doing this - no scruples.

Maybe he will donate all his hand sanitizer, wipes, masks, and whatever else he has to a local Dr. or hospital, Salvation Army, Good Will, or other charitable organization - get the tax write-off and ultimately help folks at the same time. Once the virus runs its course, that hand sanitizer is only worth the $2.50 he paid for it. Take a while to work thru a garage full of it.

Pretty much.

Some folks have vision, and he may be a great businessman but he's a lousy person for doing this - no scruples.

Maybe he will donate all his hand sanitizer, wipes, masks, and whatever else he has to a local Dr. or hospital, Salvation Army, Good Will, or other charitable organization - get the tax write-off and ultimately help folks at the same time. Once the virus runs its course, that hand sanitizer is only worth the $2.50 he paid for it. Take a while to work thru a garage full of it.

I saw the article and he claims he wasn't gouging, it costs $2 to buy and 15% of sales price to Amazon and a bunch to ship it, so hes in it for like $16. . . But he also stated he started at $8 per bottle.

My guess is he is now selling through local Facebook buy/sell/trade pages

Status
Not open for further replies.