What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
A month ago the guy who said store some food/goods because it may not be readily available some day was nuts.....a few days ago the guy who said the government would lock down the country was nuts....even this evening there are people who think that will never happen, even thou it HAS happened to 1/4 of the country....

This is uncharted territory, when you go into that type of territory the smart folks are prepared for anything.

Carry on.

robtattoo

WKR
The cheap solar panels I bought last year are turning out to be a better idea right now. I've got just enough juice to run all the house lights & freezers or the kitchen lights, stove & freezers. Tv with the lights off.

The idea came about because I needed lights in the barn & there was no simple way to run power there. $200 to do a single panel, battery & inverter in the barn. Less than $600 to do the house, although it's a completely different circuit & takes a few minutes to switch over if there's an outage. New bulbs, fittings, wiring & switches, all setup in my basement. It's far from convenient, but it's a hell of a step up from candles, a camp stove & being forced to play Scrabble for days on end........

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
To protect from enemies foreign and domestic!

I have been having the "its coming" conversation with my wife for well over a month. As soon as news broke in China, I knew this is it. All that conspiracy crap from over a decade ago isnt so much a conspiracy now.
I literally just walked in from outside talking to my wife. It hit her today that what I've been telling her is a no bullshit call to action. She is afraid and this is what I tell people who are afraid.

" i am too. I've cried, I've worried and I've come to terms with the worst scenario possible. It's okay to be worried or afraid. Fear is our friend and we have a plan and we are clear minded working out the plan. Talk to God all day because I know if I'm not, I'm thinking about the situation and the situation is overwhelming. God gives peace and clarity of mind "
All of us are in this together. I dont know how we come together and coordinate an entire nation on the peoples terms but something like that is absolutely necessary right now. I know im not alone saying this, but I have five little kids.
I'm not going down without a fight! And I have God on my side!
A month ago the guy who said store some food/goods because it may not be readily available some day was nuts.....a few days ago the guy who said the government would lock down the country was nuts....even this evening there are people who think that will never happen, even thou it HAS happened to 1/4 of the country....

This is uncharted territory, when you go into that type of territory the smart folks are prepared for anything.

Carry on.
It's sad how brain washed people are. It is literally effecting day to day living in every single state and people are still in denial. I dont understand. I do however understand all those years ago people thinking I was nuts for saying there is going to be tanks in the streets, the market will collapse and hyper inflation will occur very fast along with food riots and the possibility of cannibalism setting in.

It's a trip to see all of this happening. It's like a dream or a movie and it simply isnt. It's time to rethink the way we live our lives.

CorbLand

WKR
Working at a gun store and seeing the amount of ammo we have sold in the last week and talking with other stores in the amount they have sold...it would be a bad ******* time to invade the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you hear about it?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Check multiple news outlets daily from both sides of the spectrum. Do a quick Google search of Russian bombers near Alaska. First page will be recent stuff. Keep scrolling. . . I went back to 2014 with stuff popping up in many years. And that is from major news outlets.

Probably only hits the major outlets on slow news days. . .

MattB

WKR

Carry on.

I live in the Bay Area and my family and I are under a shelter in place order. We went hiking today - permisible under the order - and have never seen as many people out hiking as a did today. Probably 5-10x of normal. Extreme measures, yes, but calling it a government lock down is hyperbole.

aggieland

WKR
I actually enjoyed reading the last 2 pages guys. Maybe his time has indeed come. And if so, I pray for those not ready. I can only hope they find substance in the goods I leave behind and shelter from the storm that lies ahead.

MattB

WKR
And this is why the dramatic short-term measures make sense.

(New York Times)
NEW YORK — New York state’s long-feared surge of coronavirus cases has begun, thrusting the medical system toward a crisis point.

In a startlingly quick ascent, officials reported Friday that the state was closing in on 8,000 positive tests, about half the cases in the country. The number was 10 times higher than what was reported earlier in the week.

MtnOyster

WKR

Carry on.
Everyone should go back 10 to 15 days ago on this thread and read some of the posts on here, some popped off with so much smart aleck negativity and just never seemed to embrace the reality that this was coming when some of us were warning what was to come, it’s amazing how some just found it impossible we would be where we are 12 days ago....my how some have done an about face and finally realized what is really happening, comparing this to the flu doesn’t seem so comparable to those that once thought the flu was the worst thing here and I expect things to get far worse, I hope not but I’m afraid their going to.

If all this started like we’re being told then Mother Nature is warning us yet again that there’s some things that shouldn’t be handled or touched especially eaten on this earth and if you do she can bite back with a vengeance.
For some I hate to say I told you so...but.....

This has been a wonderful thread since zap started it for information across the board that some may not be in a place to receive as much news, I would hate to see it taken down for the simple fact this site is about hunters helping hunters and would rather see those with the Azz Hat attitude taken off instead......there’s really no need for it......

Last edited:

eamyrick

WKR
Positive news: I’m on the ground in Central Texas and the actual cases tested is so extremely low I’m positive the actual infection rate is 100x reported if not more. I.e We took a guy 2 days from Washington with a fever and cough to ER and they advised him to go home no test. I think this is gonna be a tough deal for folks with pre existing conditions but I don’t think we can compare our mortality rates with Italy. I rarely see anyone smoking anymore.

Everyone should go back 10 to 15 days ago on this thread and read some of the posts on here, some popped off with so much smart aleck negativity and just never seemed to embrace the reality that this was coming when some of us were warning what was to come, it’s amazing how some just found it impossible we would be where we are 12 days ago....my how some have done an about face and finally realized what is really happening, comparing this to the flu doesn’t seem so comparable to those that once thought the flu was the worst thing here and I expect things to get far worse, I hope not but I’m afraid their going to.

If all this started like we’re being told then Mother Nature is warning us yet again that there’s some things that shouldn’t be handled or touched especially eaten on this earth and if you do she can bite back with a vengeance.
For some I hate to say I told you so...but.....

This has been a wonderful thread since zap started it for information across the board that some may not be in a place to receive as much news, I would hate to see it taken down for the simple fact this site is about hunters helping hunters and would rather see those with the Azz Hat attitude taken off instead......there’s really no need for it......

It's still not doomsday and not as fatal as H1N1. If you take the outlier of Italy which you like to use and which I've called out numerous times with their smoking and crap healthcare as causing most their issues this isn't as bad as the media and others are wanting it to be.

Do you dommsdayers really think this is so bad that it needed to crash our economy and kill small businesses? I mean I can't eat out or get a haircut but I can hang out with 500 people in the supermarket, that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.