What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODB

WKR
all of that will be very helpful.... the turnaround potential isn't doing us any favors.

any word on the anti-body test ETA?

not yet, and it will be good when it’s available. When it’s available, I’m going to get my daughter tested -she got sick at the end of last November after passing through SeaTac with what we now recognize as classic CV symptoms to the point that even back then I thought about taking her in for a pneumonia check. Strong fever then Deep cough that took her 2 months to kick. (She has flu shot). She’s never had anything like it.

Rmauch20

WKR
Kansas
I hear that we start a statewide stay @ home order on Monday.....my county is already under one of those for the next month.
I wouldn’t worry about it too much. If it’s anything like the Johnson County and Sedgwick county stay at home order damn near everybody is considered essential.

EastMT

WKR
I just read a stat that’s sobering. In NY there’s an average death every 9 min normally. CV is now at that exact pace, basically matching the death rate of all other causes on a normal time. It looks like today it bumped up to about one from CV every 5 min if the 277 listed in the last 24 hours is correct. That’s pretty brutal.

MattB

WKR
My sister in law is a nurse practitioner and has a website they are following that projects current medical resource utilization and they are projecting 81K U.S. deaths from this current spike (not considering future rounds of the disease).

Trial153

WKR
"No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Kansas

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. If it’s anything like the Johnson County and Sedgwick county stay at home order damn near everybody is considered essential.

That becomes problematic if your trying to subdue the infection rate. Seems like Italy needed a very high amount of deaths for people to take the stay at home seriously....

I just read a stat that’s sobering. In NY there’s an average death every 9 min normally. CV is now at that exact pace, basically matching the death rate of all other causes on a normal time. It looks like today it bumped up to about one from CV every 5 min if the 277 listed in the last 24 hours is correct. That’s pretty brutal.
This morning it was every 17 min. Kind of scary being I live in PA.

Trial153

WKR
If you added the "hoax" quote, that would summarize a 10 out of 10 response to our current situation.
Where did they ever get that idea?

On Feb. 26, he said: “We’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” On Feb. 27, he predicted: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

MattB

WKR
Where did they ever get that idea?

On Feb. 26, he said: “We’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” On Feb. 27, he predicted: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

Probably from FOX news, almost as news-worthy as "The Daily Show".

Can't remember if its been covered or not..I get why they don't want large gatherings like sporting events, concerts, etc.. but I can't get my hair cut or other "non-essential" things, but I go to the grocery store today and it looked like any other Saturday. The business next door has to be closed because 20 people come in and out of there each day, but there were 100s of people in the grocery store.

Am I the only one that's wondering how much worse it would be without the current precautions? We're doubling cases every so many days, more people dying each day.. not saying the current recommendations are wrong, just generally curious how much we're flattening the curve vs what it would be like with no precautions.

Mike7

WKR
Trial, are you trying to write the perfect resume to work for CNN or the Washington Post?

By now everyone with any critical thinking ability knows that Russia was a hoax, that twisting comments regarding South Carolina to create a racist narrative was a hoax, that misrepresenting comments about the use of politics to spread false information about the coronavirus response was yes indeed a hoax, that the set up of Kavanaugh was a hoax, etc., etc.

You don't need to search for these hoaxes. You can find one virtually every week, even by the major news agencies which just parrot unsubstantiated stories.

A normal person, having figured this out would feel too guilty I would think to keep bringing these things up again and again.

aggieland

WKR
I'm hearing Lousiana really jumped the shark by allowing Mardi Gras, now it has really taken off over there. Wife said La has 3000 positive cases, 900 hospitalized and 300 on ventilators.. The lead Dr here said today in a meeting to get ready because he expects it to here hard here soon and the city does not have enough ventilators if it does.

Trial153

WKR
Trial, are you trying to write the perfect resume to work for CNN or the Washington Post?

By now everyone with any critical thinking ability knows that Russia was a hoax, that twisting comments regarding South Carolina to create a racist narrative was a hoax, that misrepresenting comments about the use of politics to spread false information about the coronavirus response was yes indeed a hoax, that the set up of Kavanaugh was a hoax, etc., etc.

You don't need to search for these hoaxes. You can find one virtually every week, even by the major news agencies which just parrot unsubstantiated stories.

A normal person, having figured this out would feel too guilty I would think to keep bringing these things up again and again.
No mike, rignt now I have enough work. I am just trying not to land in quarantine or the hospital like my co workers. But give it time it will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.