What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmez

WKR
Was a local nurse here, traveled to Seattle. Came up + with the virus and she worked at our regional cancer center. She exposed 100 patients, 2 physicians and 10 other workers.

Cancer center is now closed for two weeks. You can't fix stupid.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here is Idaho's take on things. Seems pretty reasonable, given the science.

Press Release
Hunting and fishing seasons continue with social distancing and travel guidelines
By Roger Phillips, Public Information Supervisor
Monday, March 30, 2020 - 2:42 PM MDT

Idahoans can continue to recreate under Covid-19 restrictions, but they should take precautions and follow guidelines
Idaho Fish and Game has not closed any fishing or hunting seasons in response to Covid-19, and the department is providing guidelines in accordance with the Governor's orders for social distancing at least six feet apart, including while fishing and at access sites and boat ramps.
“Fishing lends itself to social distancing,” Fish and Game State Fisheries Manager Jim Fredericks said. “In fact, for most types of fishing, general etiquette says if you’re fishing within six feet of the next person, you’re way too close.”
Lakes, reservoirs and streams are vast places where anglers can easily put space between themselves. During the statewide Covid-19 order, it’s extremely important that people recreating on the water make extra efforts to maintain social distancing at the access sites, boat ramps and in the parking lots.
Anglers are advised to launch boats quickly, minimize dock time, maintain space between people, and don’t gather in crowds.
“Please help ensure our boat ramps and other public access sites remain open,” Fredericks said. “Maintaining opportunities to enjoy outdoor recreation will depend on people doing it safely. Enjoy your time outdoors—responsibly."
Travel guidelines for hunters and anglers
Because hunting and fishing may require some travel, the Governor’s Office has provided some additional guidelines for all recreationists:
  • Minimize your travel distance from your home and spread out. If a trailhead or other access site is congested, consider finding another one, or go during off-peak hours.
  • Check before you go. Many campgrounds and trails may be closed.
  • Bring all supplies you will need from home to avoid putting unnecessary strain on local grocery stores or convenient stores that serve the local population. Make sure you pack out all your trash and leave your space clean.
For more information about Covid-19 related to Fish and Game, see F&G's Covid-19 information page.
Idaho, you make me proud.

ODB

WKR
Was a local nurse here, traveled to Seattle. Came up + with the virus and she worked at our regional cancer center. She exposed 100 patients, 2 physicians and 10 other workers.

That’s essentially what happened at the lifecare place in Seattle. Person went on vacation to Wuhan. You know the rest.

I think lunar new year was a bad thing for spreading this virus due to travel.

aggieland

WKR
I tell folks I deal with in Real Estate etc. That I am workung at ground zero by CT scanning every pt here that shows symptoms coming into the ER and many act like it's no big deal. I have to explain that we can't meet due to the fact I could be a carrier for the disease for now. Guess the truth is most Americans dont have the education or upbringing to fully grasp how this all works.

Billinsd

WKR
I have heard so much conflicting stories/news like the facemasks issue (wear them/don't wear them) that I am pretty much convinced that nobody really knows shit..
Oh, contrar. The beaurocrats told us not to wear facemasks, because they were worried there wouldn't be enough for healthcare workers. And because people would misuse them or think they would become invincible. I heard the similar thing for gloves, a doctor said just washing hands is better. We the general public are lied to and treated like the bottom common denominator, because most of us are idiots. It takes a lot of thought and time, to be able to take care of yourself and not be a sheep. Freedom and Liberty is extremely expensive and the price continues to rise!!! Bill

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
Masks could help to remind you not to touch your face. Also as a psychological factor to remind others to think about it. Normal masks won't filter the virus. If you touch the mask virus particles can get through and end up on your face and in your mouth.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I have heard so much conflicting stories/news like the facemasks issue (wear them/don't wear them) that I am pretty much convinced that nobody really knows shit..

I show up with the boo boo bus when someone calls 911 for this crap. I agree, nobody knows shit.

I do know we could definitely do without the panic. Almost comical reading what some are commenting on here and everywhere else for the matter

I tell folks I deal with in Real Estate etc. That I am workung at ground zero by CT scanning every pt here that shows symptoms coming into the ER and many act like it's no big deal. I have to explain that we can't meet due to the fact I could be a carrier for the disease for now. Guess the truth is most Americans dont have the education or upbringing to fully grasp how this all works.

It’s such a bad situation that many people’s minds don’t want to go there until they have to. We are learning a lot about the people we know. Who’s brains normally operate on a loop of mental masturbation. We’ve created a world of safety nets and comfort which has allowed people to live this way. Now this comes along, and none of our barriers or safety nets help us. We’re once again at the mercy of nature.

Masks could help to remind you not to touch your face. Also as a psychological factor to remind others to think about it. Normal masks won't filter the virus. If you touch the mask virus particles can get through and end up on your face and in your mouth.

Which masks are you referring to as normal?

KurtR

WKR

What county

Most don't care. The longer this goes on the less will care.

This is EXACTLY what is about to start happening. It’s already happening here. It won’t be long and those “non” essential businesses are going to start opening back up because they are broke. Who’s going to stop them? Nobody. It’s not like the army is going to show up to close down Pro Cuts or Ross. All that stimulus money in the hands of shoppers and those businesses aren’t going to just sit back and miss out on it. Anyone who honestly believes that the “public” is going to go along with all this another 30 days is completely delusional. The media made people believe there were going to be bodies stacked up in the streets. People got scared. Other than some key areas around the US, there are no bodies stacking up. People are losing/have lost interest.

MattB

WKR

I saw a video from a Cornell doctor who has done nothing but deal with COVID-19 patients for 2+ weeks. He agreed the value of masks for most of us is a reminder not to touch our face. Not to filter the air for virus.

He said he only wears an N-95 mask when doing things to patients which will cause them to cough/spit/etc. (~20% of the time). The rest of the time he only wears a regular medical mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.