What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmez

WKR

That little dude is trying his best to keep the fear stirred up in a frenzied pitch.
Of course he is. It's politics. You predict the worst so then you can say see what a good job we did here. No one in a position of power is going to do anything that doesn't make them appear to look good in the end.

That's the problem we have with those in power today. We don't have any leaders, we have people that want to stay in power.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My first family member tested positive today... so my sister in law’s mother is an infectious disease doctor in KC. My sister in law was in NYC, then flew home with my bro in law. Her mom had them tested as a precautionary step, he was negative and she was positive. No symptoms except loss of smell for her. They’re both in quarantine now.

For one, this is exactly how it’s spreading. For two, this is how the numbers are skewed (they are only testing folks with symptoms so death rate is biased high). Three, it must be nice having an infectious disease doctor for a mom.

I still think it’s overhyped and a power grab... also still willing to wager a donation to charity of choice that overall death rate in US is no different this year ~ 2.9M.

Well that’s sort of an unfair bet...there are way less people dying now under lockdown conditions because they’re not out living lives exposing themselves to risk. But I do get your point.

Well that’s sort of an unfair bet...there are way less people dying now under lockdown conditions because they’re not out living lives exposing themselves to risk. But I do get your point.

Maybe... check our deaths due to suicide, alcoholism, drug abuse, obesity, poverty, etc. An order of magnitude greater that COVID deaths and I can’t see how they go down under the current situation.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
It sure is a mess, don't think its gonna get a whole lot better anytime soon. Shut down an economy, push a bunch of cash into a bunch of peoples hands and press restart a few months later?

Will that work?

My mechanic's shop was painting the lifts today......smaller family run shop, 5 bays. Couple months of this may shut them down for good......hopefully not.
Government bails out lots of business and the USA national debt goes thru the clouds (already thru the roof). Personal & Business debt is already very high, for the most part....

jmez

WKR
Never fear plenty of chicken littles!!

Unfortunately there isn't anyone with enough conviction to tell them the sky actually isn't falling.

Am I in the wrong thread? I thought this was all the Doom and Gloomers. Pretty soon Fauci himself is going to be in here spewing some of his worst case scenario opinions. Life will never be the same again; The drugs Trump' says, is or has the chance of working is not proven..

600k died of obesity last year... thankful we didn’t track that pandemic and shut down burger king.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I always thought the worst would be the effects of the precautions.... went along with the stay @ home 'suggestions' as common sense after initially being opposed to that. Looking at what may be coming down the tunnel after kung flu subsides is somewhat unsettling....

Maybe... check our deaths due to suicide, alcoholism, drug abuse, obesity, poverty, etc. An order of magnitude greater that COVID deaths and I can’t see how they go down under the current situation.

Check this out:

For the weeks ending 2/1/2020 to 4/4/2020 they have provided death data.

For those weeks (combined) 2017-2019 the average dead from all causes is 575k (you have to infer this, 466k/0.81 = 575k). But this year it's only 81% of that. And if you look week by week the trend is down to some pretty low levels, including 16% of normal last week, and 62% of normal the week before that. The difference between normal and this year for these weeks is some 109K people! That tells me that there is a very good chance the lock down is saving more people from other stuff than from the virus itself.

Check this out:

For those weeks (combined) 2017-2019 the average dead from all causes is 575k (you have to infer this, 466k/0.81 = 575k). But this year it's only 81% of that. And if you look week by week the trend is down to some pretty low levels, including 16% of normal last week, and 62% of normal the week before that. The difference between normal and this year for these weeks is some 109K people! That tells me that there is a very good chance the lock down is saving more people from other stuff than from the virus itself.

Here I was hoping you’d take my bet... wait until a few more weeks go by with unemployment, eating, drinking, and being locked up with a woman. That death toll will climb quick, especially if they don’t open fishing and spring bear/turkey!

Check this out:

of course it is especially car wrecks/drunk driving deaths. But I bet we will have an infortunate spike of suicides if many people lose their livelihoods or businesses.

jmez

WKR
Check this out:

Now all those concerned with "every life" will be advocating for a permanent lock down!!

Thankfully this thread is not all I have to read. But if it was.....

That aint no shit! I go thru my daily life right now perfectly fine doing what I need to just as I always have........all I have to do is get on this thread and read all the world is ending negative bullshit to get my daily dose of depression.

Getting closer with every one of your posts....
LOL!! You were right on point with that one!! I would have said the very same thing.....wanted to many times.

jmez

WKR
I'll post this here too. Current screenshot from flight radar. Middle of the night no less. Glad "non essential" small businesses are being bankrupted!! You know, to keep people at home.
45f76a91e31393133235ee0ebdb9961d.jpg

MattB

WKR
I am questioning the guys who prognosticated the US impact of COVID-19 would be less than H1N1.

Status
Not open for further replies.