What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to covid19.healthdata.org. There you can see a state by state break down of projected hospital bed needs, ICU bed needs and ventilator needs. If you take the time to look at it, you will see that the majority of states are projecting NO SHORTAGE of beds or ventilators, most will actually operate under 50% capacity. Outside of a few regional hot spots like New York and New Jersey, almost every where else is looking strong.

brushape

WKR
h1n1:

It is estimated that 11-21% of the global population contracted the illness, and 151,000-579,000 died.

For comparison, the WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people die of seasonal flu annually.

Kung flu so far= 70,000.

You do realize that many people will die from the flu every single year and always will, that is a constant in human lives. This is on top of that. Just like comparing it to drinking and driving deaths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize that many people will die from the flu every single year and always will, that is a constant in human lives. This is on top of that. Just like comparing it to drinking and driving deaths

You do realize we in fact realize that. But, do you realize if stats hold true about the correlation of death in relation to unemployment rates, that even the highest Fauci projection of Covid 19 deaths in his country fall way short of what this broad brush tactic will/has created?

jmez

WKR
We'll pass the death numbers of H1N1 today likely in the US. But the doubling rate of total deaths is increasing over the last couple of days. Is up to 5 now. Since that is a lagging indicator that is a good sign.

brushape

WKR
80fd5ee87f74efaaeb95d62fecd78ab3.jpg

brushape

WKR
You do realize we in fact realize that. But, do you realize if stats hold true about the correlation of death in relation to unemployment rates, that even the highest Fauci projection of Covid 19 deaths in his country fall way short of what this broad brush tactic will/has created?

Ok so you want to go back to normal life and get all those other death causes back on track and exponentially add on the corona deaths and still consider it nothing? Ya I know the country and or world is economically f**ked from this and my career industry I’ve built up to will probably never be the same

I'll post this here too. Current screenshot from flight radar. Middle of the night no less. Glad "non essential" small businesses are being bankrupted!! You know, to keep people at home.
45f76a91e31393133235ee0ebdb9961d.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Did you filter out freighter aircraft? Passenger flights over the house to the nearby regional airport are down from several an hour to a handful each day. I’m still seeing a lot of freighters though.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm still flying for work and can say for certain flight choices have decreased over 50% probably more. Airlines are cutting flights due to demand its crazy going to an airport right now

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Check this out:

For the weeks ending 2/1/2020 to 4/4/2020 they have provided death data.

For those weeks (combined) 2017-2019 the average dead from all causes is 575k (you have to infer this, 466k/0.81 = 575k). But this year it's only 81% of that. And if you look week by week the trend is down to some pretty low levels, including 16% of normal last week, and 62% of normal the week before that. The difference between normal and this year for these weeks is some 109K people! That tells me that there is a very good chance the lock down is saving more people from other stuff than from the virus itself.

Plus they're saying that pretty much anyone that dies in a hospital died as a result of the wuhan virus even if they were on their death bed from a preexisting condition so the death numbers are inflated. Who knows what the true death rate is. China sure never reported anything close to the truth regarding the wuhan virus.

Plus they're saying that pretty much anyone that dies in a hospital died as a result of the wuhan virus even if they were on their death bed from a preexisting condition so the death numbers are inflated. Who knows what the true death rate is. China sure never reported anything close to the truth regarding the wuhan virus.

I think the media is saying that. I don't think the public agencies are though. I think the govt orgs are presenting the facts/truths and the media is spinning them to make them scary. That link I posted specifically mentioned pneumonia for example. The data is there, it's just not being spoon fed to us (like it should be).

jmez

WKR
Did you filter out freighter aircraft? Passenger flights over the house to the nearby regional airport are down from several an hour to a handful each day. I’m still seeing a lot of freighters though.

I didn't but if you go to Seattle/Tacoma airport and look at departures there are 9 pages of passenger plane departures today.

You can get on YouTube and watch news casts from the 60’s and 70’s. The news reporters/media almost always tried to report from a positive platform. They tried to give hope in times it was needed. They never (that I can see) purposely tried to instill panic and hysteria in viewers. It’s all about sensationalism and fear mongering these days on anything that gets reported. You can love or hate Trump, but it’s pretty clear why he has total disgust for the media.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting view on a past epidemic, social distancing and its effects pre- and post, as related to economic recovery. Sounds a bit familiar to the actions taken by some cities/states vs. others (looking at you, Florida....)

The graph trend would basically be the same if the x-axis was distance west of NYC and the y-axis was the same. Just seems that the cities that saw the most growth were in the western US. Not necessarily because of a policy decision. That's an interesting article though thank you for posting it.

MattB

WKR
I think the media is saying that. I don't think the public agencies are though. I think the govt orgs are presenting the facts/truths and the media is spinning them to make them scary. That link I posted specifically mentioned pneumonia for example. The data is there, it's just not being spoon fed to us (like it should be).

In fact, some public health agencies are saying that situationally COVID-19 deaths are being under-reported.

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee

Status
Not open for further replies.