What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB

WKR
That might be true, but can it be proven? It totally might be accurate. Just trying to be objective and consider the potentially positive along with the potentially negative.

Perhaps with way more time and resources than I am going to throw at it. I doubt it is just a data anomaly that new cases declined by almost 9K from Saturday to Sunday and then increased back to nearly the same level today. It seems like the data is skewed by a reporting change between weekday versus weekend + a one day lag.

Understand and agree on the positive versus negative (and I would love to see the tides turn and the world shift back toward normal), but I do not believe we have seen the worst of it yet. I think some states are close.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps with way more time and resources than I am going to throw at it. I doubt it is just a data anomaly that new cases declined by almost 9K from Saturday to Sunday and then increased back to nearly the same level today. It seems like the data is skewed by a reporting change between weekday versus weekend + a one day lag.

Understand and agree on the positive versus negative (and I would love to see the tides turn and the world shift back toward normal), but I do not believe we have seen the worst of it yet. I think some states are close.
I agree with all of that. The world seems to be looking negative, and I want to consider both the positive and the negative. I bet reality will land somewhere in the middle.

Thanks. Genuinely appreciate respectful debate and conversation. Stay healthy.

jmez

WKR
If you check new cases early enough tomorrow AM, you can claim we cured the disease, :D I am really hopeful that we can stem the tide and make the sacrifice many are making worthwhile, but as a country we are not there yet.
You can't even do that, cases already going up for tomorrow!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Well that’s sort of an unfair bet...there are way less people dying now under lockdown conditions because they’re not out living lives exposing themselves to risk. But I do get your point.

Buddy just sent this ... his wife is a PA.

683B4B76-5631-4AF7-9115-969FF388D500.jpeg

Shrek

WKR
Very soon the backlash against the lockdown will blow. People will hit the economic panick button as the reality of how few actually need hospitalization and even fewer die but they’re going to lose everything they’ve worked for their whole life. It’s too late to save the world from depression already.
Medically every death that might possibly could be from the Chinese virus will be listed as died from the Chinese virus simply to justify the monumental stupidity of the lockdown and the resulting economic devastation. This virus will go through the population and kill those it will regardless and extending that process so as to save a few at the margin at the cost of destroying modern society is stupidity.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Shrek makes good points......some of the things going on are really bizarre. The road over the local corps lake dam gets people at sunset parking on the south side to view the sunset. So, here is what the government did:

The road across Clinton Dam (E 900 Road) will be closed as of 9:00 a.m. on April 7, 2020, until further notice due to unsafe gatherings and parking conditions near the south end of the dam. This decision was made in conjunction with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department with the safety of our visitors and community in mind.

Zero kung flu deaths here, no overcrowded hospitals, plenty of resources to deal with kung flu victims here......32 'confirmed' cases in a county of 100,000. But watching the sunset is now not allowed...all they had to do was put up no parking signs and enforce that.....today the people walked to that spot along the water and watched the sunset anyway......maybe they are going to arrest them all?

Some of my favorite hiking trail access is off that road that is now closed, the corps put up gates a few years ago getting ready for this opportunity. This evening there were lots of cars parked by the north gate.....

sasquatch

WKR
its just a test to see what they can get away with without backlash, You cant stop it without vaccine or meds!! All we doing is prolonging the virus as it'll come and go as we open up, while adding a tremendous impact to ALL 350 MILLION PEOPLE. burn down the house to kill the rat mentality.

Also we needed a wake up call to the health of the people in this world, that and the incentive to maybe save vs dive into debt like people always do now will be the only positives out of this probably. As a whole we treat our bodies like trash and get the same healthcare the healthy people get, Leaves no incentive to take care of yourself!!

If healthcare was like car insurance I bet wed be a little healthier as a nation. We just too damn emotional nowadays.

hard times make for strong people, strong people make for good times, good times make weak people.

Jauwater

WKR
At this point, a quarantine is doing nothing, but drawing this virus out longer. Covid is in over 100 countries, and over a million people Infected. For a quarantine to work, you gotta get after it early, and everybody has to be tested within the general area it is first found, and people have to be completely locked down. Plus, you gotta have a government, and society that will allow such a shutdown for quarantine. Besides all that, I believe just overall the virus was found to late, even for China to quarantine. A vaccine is yet to be developed. Herd immunization is still gonna be what kills this virus off. Quarantining everyone, keeping them from work, but yet everyone still using the same grocery stores, gas stations, etc. The virus is gonna find new hosts, it's just gonna happen slower, and draw this out longer then need be. The media cant tell us anymore that hospitals are overrun, or that this is the deadliest virus ever. Those narratives have been played out. I'm not being insensitive to lives lost, I'm just sick of being lied to, and I'm not willing to sit back and be spoon fed a political agenda. This is my opinion.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Very soon the backlash against the lockdown will blow. People will hit the economic panick button as the reality of how few actually need hospitalization and even fewer die but they’re going to lose everything they’ve worked for their whole life. It’s too late to save the world from depression already.
Medically every death that might possibly could be from the Chinese virus will be listed as died from the Chinese virus simply to justify the monumental stupidity of the lockdown and the resulting economic devastation. This virus will go through the population and kill those it will regardless and extending that process so as to save a few at the margin at the cost of destroying modern society is stupidity.
This is what I’ve been eluding to for the last ~2 weeks. Nobody (here) cared to listen.

All you folks on here that have been spewing non stop nonsense about how this will last for months and months, how it’s going to kill hundreds of thousands of people in the US, and all the other “world is ending” doom and gloom shit......don’t pull a turn coat on us now. Maintain your position on all this. Don’t make excuses for the shit you said. You been saying it for 137 pages.....no need to stop now. All of you that tried to shame those of us that refused to be “locked down” in our house and going on about our daily lives, calling us irresponsible, insensitive, and uneducated........wear your Beta badge where all can see it.

Scrappy

WKR
This is what I’ve been eluding to for the last ~2 weeks. Nobody (here) cared to listen.

All you folks on here that have been spewing non stop nonsense about how this will last for months and months, how it’s going to kill hundreds of thousands of people in the US, and all the other “world is ending” doom and gloom shit......don’t pull a turn coat on us now. Maintain your position on all this. Don’t make excuses for the shit you said. You been saying it for 137 pages.....no need to stop now. All of you that tried to shame those of us that refused to be “locked down” in our house and going on about our daily lives, calling us irresponsible, insensitive, and uneducated........wear your Beta badge where all can see it.
I'm with you on this one all the way.

There have been plenty of diverse perspectives here. Did you not see them?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Let it all out. Who do you blame for this shut down? Who made the call to shutter everything? How will they be punished for those actions?

Exactly it's the same two sides pointing fingers at each other yelling the other side screwed it up. November will come and red and blue will still close the curtain, just to click the single pick all box on the ballot and kick the can down the road. They'll walk away bitching how the other side is destroying America.

Let it all out. Who do you blame for this shut down? Who made the call to shutter everything? How will they be punished for those actions?

Exactly it's the same two sides pointing fingers at each other yelling the other side screwed it up. November will come and red and blue will still close the curtain, just to click the single pick all box on the ballot and kick the can down the road. They'll walk away bitching how the other side is destroying America.

We all know who is to blame for the shutdown. We all know who made those calls. That is not my issues as it’s out of “our” hands individually. The problem is all those that just bow down, fall in line, and blindly follow the leader (Big Brother). Then to make it worse, they cast stones at those of us who don’t follow suit.

If you don’t take anything else away from what I’m saying, please give this some thought atleast. Everyone bitches about how “stupid” the government is in general. However, look at how everyone listened and did exactly what they were told to do (by the government) when a little fear/uncertainty got injected into the water hole.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

If anything, this made me realize how crazed people can get in absence of solid facts and how politicians and the media are just in it to stir fear and look out for themselves without much regard for the people they serve. They have a win-win with something as major/scary as this. Not much direct repercussions to them for taking it to far.

I really don't like that the gov't can just shut down a business. I really don't like that they have overwhelming authority without checks before they do something. I hope this all will be over soon enough and there is some accountability. There probably won't be, they'll say they were just trying to save lives, and they probably were, but not without grabbing everything they could in the name of saving lives. Looking at the models, it's not going to be nearly as bad as first predicted. Maybe that's due to the steps taken, maybe not. We'll likely never know (although Sweden will be interesting).

Imagine having the power to shut down every business in your state, I think I'm going to be a little more concerned on who we give that power to next time I vote, regardless of party.

Shrek

WKR
I went to my favorite restaurants right until they were forced to close. I’d be going and sitting down in them today if they were open. I suspect that my two favorite restaurants will never reopen. Makes me sad for the owners , employees , and myself.

I went to my favorite restaurants right until they were forced to close. I’d be going and sitting down in them today if they were open. I suspect that my two favorite restaurants will never reopen. Makes me sad for the owners , employees , and myself.
I eat Chic-fil-et everyday after the gym. When all this nonsense started, I thought they may close down temporarily. Thankfully they kept the drive thru open. They had to cut hours back and cut staff temporarily, but I made sure to continue giving them my money and support. I don’t typically have a lot of sympathy for other people, but I do feel bad for all the service industry people that instantly lost their jobs because of all this. I’ll do my best to give extra tips to servers when restaurants reopen.

CorbLand

WKR

I will stand with what I have said this entire time. At the end of all of this, we will never know if what we did helped or didnt. We dont have a controlled population doing the exact opposite. So when all is said and done, you will have people that say see it could have been worse and you will have people that said the steps taken weren't justified.

I will say this though. Peoples opinions can and will change. You may be right, but the "ha told you so" and "macho man" posting you just did really made you look more arrogant and stupid than you needed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.