What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWG0572

WKR
Its super funny you're so flippant Buzzregarding millions of Americans losing their livelihoods .

Are you still getting paid and did you lose your job as a result of the Chinese virus?
Yeah I am losing money Tom Walsh aka OKhotnik because you ripped me off on my McMillan stock! My wife was laid off because of this virus crap and had a new baby a month ago. ******* loser

Yeah I am losing money Tom Walsh aka OKhotnik because you ripped me off on my McMillan stock! My wife was laid off because of this virus crap and had a new baby a month ago. ******* loser

Why did you send someone an item if they hadn’t paid for it first?

TWG0572

WKR
Why did you send someone an item if they hadn’t paid for it first?
Because I’m an idiot and I think that everybody on here is a standup guy! He sent me a money order for the stock but when I received the money order it was less than what we agreed on. He was very apologetic and said it was an accident and I thought it was also And he said that he sent the remainder of the money so I sent the stock off. After he received a stock he cut off all communication. Yes, absolutely my fault but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

MattB

WKR
Because I’m an idiot and I think that everybody on here is a standup guy! He sent me a money order for the stock but when I received the money order it was less than what we agreed on. He was very apologetic and said it was an accident and I thought it was also And he said that he sent the remainder of the money so I sent the stock off. After he received a stock he cut off all communication. Yes, absolutely my fault but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get that sorted out.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Left wing funded Antifa is being designated by Trump as a terrorist organization. This could mean very worse things than the pandemic within America. They didnt get the economy like they wanted...so this could be the next step.

Heads up folks.

I was not asking for your opinion, but for your position to be clearly stated. You know what they say about opinions... At this point, your posts devolved into a mixture of semi-coherent comments that pretty much illustrate the role of "armchair quarterback".

I'm guessing that you don't have, or won't articulate, specific differences between yourself, and the multitude of public health experts/agencies including your rationale and cited support where available...

It can be helpful to state things clearly, in plain terms and in a single place, rather than a jumbled conversation over many days and 200 pages of forum posts.

The ad hominem is expected.
My guess is you are a blowhard. As far as differentiating between myself and professionals, you’d have to be as dumb as you are showcasing in order to not understand my position.

I stated things as clearly as possible while doing it without referencing 200 pages of posts. I’ll say it again. I follow the advice from professionals this was 100% over blown. And, that life must go on. It is that simple. You know all this. Yet, you do t agree and want to make an argument about.

There is nothing incoherent about my stance or why I feel this way. No matter how you twist it. It’s just not what you want to hear and, it’s something I suppose I shouldn’t be saying out loud.

I hope that is clear enough for you. If not, I can’t make it any more clear.

WKR
I think your position/strategy is that you're going to cherry pick a couple of outlier "expert" opinions that go outside of the consensus. Just start with a preconceived notion, and select your "experts" accordingly, making sure to allege some degree of conspiracy theory, just to be safe, in case someone should expose the cherry picking fallacy for what it is.

And nobody is saying that life shouldn't go on. Initial caution, getting a feel for the trajectory of this, trying to figure out a balance between safety and the necessity of daily life, allow a bit of time for PPE and testing to "catch up", and then proceed the best we can given a more complete understanding of the situation. That's exactly what's been happening...

And both sides are all pissed off, which is usually a pretty good sign that you at least found some semblance of balance in the overall response.

Trial153

WKR

If you can confirm this through your conversations /pms with him contact the mods, that's not someone that we need on this site.

I think your position/strategy is that you're going to cherry pick a couple of outlier "expert" opinions that go outside of the consensus. Just start with a preconceived notion, and select your "experts" accordingly, making sure to allege some degree of conspiracy theory, just to be safe, in case someone should expose the cherry picking fallacy for what it is.

And nobody is saying that life shouldn't go on. Initial caution, getting a feel for the trajectory of this, trying to figure out a balance between safety and the necessity of daily life, allow a bit of time for PPE and testing to "catch up", and then proceed the best we can given a more complete understanding of the situation. That's exactly what's been happening...

And both sides are all pissed off, which is usually a pretty good sign that you at least found some semblance of balance in the overall response.
Here is the thing. I think we are both saying the same thing. Only, you’ve expressed my opinion as irrelevant because I’m not a healthcare provider.

I’m not cherry picking anything. I never do that. Once again, you just don’t care for my opinion because I’m not a healthcare provider. You’ve made that healthcare provider variable well known.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
Well, Oregon didn't blow up so thats good! ha

Majority of the state opened up on May 15th. Infection rate went from 2.6% almost 3 weeks ago to 1.7% as of this week. Hospitalized cases went from 161 to 102 in about the same time frame. The uptick we saw recently they said was due to testing a boatload more people as well as migrant workers from out of state. Governor and our main doctors didn't seem concerned about the few isolated flare ups.

We find out today how may of the original 30+ counties can move to Phase 2 tomorrow. 29 of these counties have applied to move to Phase 2 as of this morning.

WKR
Here is the thing. I think we are both saying the same thing. Only, you’ve expressed my opinion as irrelevant because I’m not a healthcare provider.

I’m not cherry picking anything. I never do that. Once again, you just don’t care for my opinion because I’m not a healthcare provider. You’ve made that healthcare provider variable well known.

I think your opinion IS LARGELY IRRELEVANT, as is mine, though it's not because of your profession/occupation.

Your opinion is basically irrelevant because it's poorly developed, not because of what you do or don't do for a living. You seem to lack the basis of complete understanding for holding a strong opinion on a topic you don't understand very well and your cherry picking strategy, though common, should be dismissed abruptly.

I fully recognize that I'm not sufficiently trained in public health nor epidemiology to hold strong opinions on the topic, but I'M NOT THE ONE CRITICIZING THOSE WHO ARE. A couple hours of Google and YouTube does not make one sufficiently educated on this incredibly complex topic to believe one's opinion is valid.

At this point it's futile to continue. Playing the victim, and claiming some sort of professional prejudice isn't productive. Devolving into ad hominem attacks and conspiracy theory allegations isn't either.

Last edited:
OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Obviously has been a plague for people with other existing conditions, especially older folks. I wonder if it will come back with a vengeance this fall as the spanish flu did.

WKR
Haven't read this thread in like a month but checking in to see if we are all agreeing yet that this was way overblown and largely a giant economic waste? Or are there a few of you still holding on to the idea that this is basically the plague?

Are those the only two options?

I think your opinion IS LARGELY IRRELEVANT, as is mine, though it's not because of your profession/occupation.

Your opinion is basically irrelevant because it's poorly developed, not because of what you do or don't do for a living. You seem to lack the basis of complete understanding for holding a strong opinion on a topic you don't understand very well and your cherry picking strategy, though common, should be dismissed abruptly.

I fully recognize that I'm not sufficiently trained in public health nor epidemiology to hold strong opinions on the topic, but I'M NOT THE ONE CRITICIZING THOSE WHO ARE. A couple hours of Google and YouTube does not make one sufficiently educated on this incredibly complex topic to believe one's opinion is valid.

At this point it's futile to continue. Playing the victim, and claiming some sort of professional prejudice isn't productive. Devolving into ad hominem attacks and conspiracy theory allegations isn't either.
Poorly developed? I guess all the sources and facts are wrong?

Are those the only two options?
The way this year is going I don’t think anything is out of the realm of possibility. Civil war, aliens, raccoons jacked up on cocaine that figure out how to use firearms with their tiny hands, who then revolt and enslave humans, I don’t think we can rule out anything.
2020 is like a shitty trailer park after everyone gets their tax refund checks nothing is off-limits, anything is possible, and none of it’s going to be good.

ewade07

WKR
The way this year is going I don’t think anything is out of the realm of possibility. Civil war, aliens, raccoons jacked up on cocaine that figure out how to use firearms with their tiny hands, who then revolt and enslave humans, I don’t think we can rule out anything.
2020 is like a shitty trailer park after everyone gets their tax refund checks nothing is off-limits, anything is possible, and none of it’s going to be good.
You've won this thread :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Haven't read this thread in like a month but checking in to see if we are all agreeing yet that this was way overblown and largely a giant economic waste? Or are there a few of you still holding on to the idea that this is basically the plague?

The reasons I’d say this whole thing wasn’t overblown is two fold...

The first being around 100k Americans have died of this disease, in a few short months, even with the crazy huge steps being taken.

Second, the amount of life loss potential shown by every model and agreed upon by every expert was 1.5-2 million American deaths due to Covid in a short period of time. The implications of that potential, if it actually came to fruition, would have been earth shattering.

I think both of those reasons make this whole thing, unable to be considered, overblown.

Btaylor

WKR
The reasons I’d say this whole thing wasn’t overblown is two fold...

The first being around 100k Americans have died of this disease, in a few short months, even with the crazy huge steps being taken.

Second, the amount of life loss potential shown by every model and agreed upon by every expert was 1.5-2 million American deaths due to Covid in a short period of time. The implications of that potential, if it actually came to fruition, would have been earth shattering.

I think both of those reasons make this whole thing, unable to be considered, overblown.
So the worst case projections were roughly equal to deaths from cars and spoons, 1.25 mil avg auto related deaths and approx 300k from obesity. So if you see Randy Newburg coming your way with a dilly bar, it's really the grim freakin reaper and you should just haul ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.