What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See Foldem’s response. It’s a clickbaity article. Your explanation of it was Clickbait and the typical scare tactics.

“Long term lung damage from asymptomatic cases, anyone? Sounds like a fun virus to just 'get over'....not.“

Here's some more on it. Overall, just a reason for caution. I don't see how anyone in their right mind could willingly want to risk what their personal reaction to COVID might be with the relatively new and understudied foundation we have on it so far.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
There is a lot of prevailing medical information out there about mask use and their effectiveness. If the doctors and scientists are right, I could potentially prevent someone from getting sick. Same goes for when others wear a mask -- they may help keep me from getting sick. If I helped prevent one person, especially someone high risk from getting sick, I consider that a small victory and just helping out.

Now, if the experts are 100% wrong, the most I am out is the inconvenience of wearing a mask when I am in a store, busy place, etc.

Pretty easy decision.

mtjimbo

Lil-Rokslider
I got this freakin flu in March so did my pregnant wife she had a runny nose for a few days... I on the other hand thought I was going to die. Awful fevers to the point of hallucinating haha sore throat , awful cough , and couldn't hardly breathe. So naturally I sat down on the couch wrapped myself in blankets next to a fire even though it was warm in the house and drank some whiskey and watched hunting shows. And what do you know? It went away like everything else. That being said I'm terrified of it because since then we have had our baby. So I'm one of the only mid 20s men you see in Montana wearing a mask and gloves and doing everything else... Rather it works or not I gotta do everything I can to keep this little runt safe till her immune system grows

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

No I definitely agree that's frustrating. Seems everyone is cherrypicking stats to suit the narrative for sure.
I disagree. Stating an increase in testing results in more positive cases is not cherry picking. Pointing out the hospitalization rate per positive case is dropping isn’t cherry picking. Stating more young are now being infected isn’t cherry picking. Nothing really being pointed out is cherry picking. Except those that keep harping you just wear a mask or you are a careless pos.

That last one is cherry picking because everyone who is going that suggests you owe it to others to do so. Without considering “others” get to choose whether to wear one or not. That’s cherry picking.

And let's not forget the lack of a national leader.
In reality, its not the leader that's causing dissention. Its the babies that kick and scream whenever they don't get what they want. Because the leader isn't what THEY want, they are determined to through him down by making him look as bad as possible. In doing so, they are the ones that are dividing the country.

THEY=left-wing politicians and the media

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

In reality, its not the leader that's causing dissention. Its the babies that kick and scream whenever they don't get what they want. Because the leader isn't what THEY want, they are determined to through him down by making him look as bad as possible. In doing so, they are the ones that are dividing the country.

THEY=left-wing politicians and the media

I would say there is a lot of whining going on by everyone . As a whole we are getting soft.

Consider a thought experiment: What if the NTSB were brought in to look at the Trump administration’s handling of the pandemic? What would its investigation conclude? I’ll jump to the answer before laying out the background: This was a journey straight into a mountainside, with countless missed opportunities to turn away. A system was in place to save lives and contain disaster. The people in charge of the system could not be bothered to avoid the doomed course

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Consider a thought experiment: What if the NTSB were brought in to look at the Trump administration’s handling of the pandemic? What would its investigation conclude? I’ll jump to the answer before laying out the background: This was a journey straight into a mountainside, with countless missed opportunities to turn away. A system was in place to save lives and contain disaster. The people in charge of the system could not be bothered to avoid the doomed course

Hello, Karen.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider

I’d just like to point out that The Atlantic is about as far as you can get from unbiased.

EastMT

WKR
Well we just got a emergency alert on our phones, all beds in our South Texas county hospitals are full, no more room for bad cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.