What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobinmi

WKR
Do you have an ideal candidate? Don’t be afraid to answer or be judged by it. I would like to know who people think would handle covid the best. I’d even take something like ‘Little Richard’ as a valid answer if you believe in it.
Rand Paul. He could have been president right now but half these morons wanted their Effing wall.

Billinsd

WKR
He's very smart too. Some say the smartest they've ever seen ever. Fine people too......

Im amazed anyone can watch that man speak and think he’s a good leader. He constantly deflects blame and can’t form a coherent sentence.

For the record, I have voted right in each election.

Out of curiosity, why do you think he’s a good leader? Specifically, as I’m just surprised people feeling so strongly in favor of him.
I didn't say he's a good leader he is absolutely not. He leads very forcefully and that's why he is a strong leader. I cringe when I hear him talk. I think he's smart like a fox. I like the judges he's picked and mostly with his policies. He gives the left lots of ammunition, however I think he is doing what he does on purpose, because it works for him. It's the exact opposite of my style and way of doing things. I actually didn't vote for him in last election. I left the box blank. I was furious how he mistreated the other Republicans in the nomination process. I live in California and knew Hilary would take all the electoral votes. This time around I'll vote for him. There is no other option, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
Rand Paul. He could have been president right now but half these morons wanted their Effing wall.
That doesn't make sense, that Rand Paul is not President, because of a wall. That's one thing of many. Rand is logical, has common sense, but few want that. I mostly like Rand Paul alot. However, he's much too ridged and the voter public doesn't seem to mind how many trillions in debt we get. I don't think politicians as libertarian as him make good leaders, because they are so ridged and want to do what's right. I like Ted Cruz a little better, he isn't as pure as Rand Paul, but very few like him either. We get the politicians we deserve. That is the majority that vote.

Pro953

WKR
I didn't say he's a good leader he is absolutely not. He leads very forcefully and that's why he is a strong leader. I cringe when I hear him talk. I think he's smart like a fox. I like the judges he's picked and mostly with his policies. He gives the left lots of ammunition, however I think he is doing what he does on purpose, because it works for him. It's the exact opposite of my style and way of doing things. I actually didn't vote for him in last election. I left the box blank. I was furious how he mistreated the other Republicans in the nomination process. I live in California and knew Hilary would take all the electoral votes. This time around I'll vote for him. There is no other option, unfortunately.

Sorry Bill, I have to disagree on the Judge part. Trump just happens to be the guy in office when the pieces fell together. We have been working for many years from the local level on up to position judges into the courts. The credit goes to McConnell and the stratigic team behind him for many generations to make this happen. Politicians think it cycles parties think in generations.

I genuinely loath the guy for his behavior and personality. But with one more term in office we have a strong chance at another Supreme Court judge. That will have much more impact on who this country is for our children and grandchildren than putting up with the Twitter in chief for another four years.

Sorry for the non-corona sidebar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
Sorry Bill, I have to disagree on the Judge part. Trump just happens to be the guy in office when the pieces fell together. We have been working for many years from the local level on up to position judges into the courts. The credit goes to McConnell and the stratigic team behind him for many generations to make this happen. Politicians think it cycles parties think in generations.
Yes, I believe you. I'll give Trump a wee bit of credit. Do you think that's fair.

Mike7

WKR
I know this is not Covid related, but some of you guys say things that seem short sighted...still I can't tell if you really believe it, or are just trying to be politically persuasive. You have to realize that there are a lot (I estimate 1/3) of flag officers in the military that are political power hungry animals first and foremost, and care about their oath of office to the Constitution secondarily (for politicians I estimate that this is over 2/3 rds).

I have a lot of friends still in the military from the O-6 rank and down, and I have never seen their morale so low as during much of the Obama admin. Did anyone notice a difference in the Trump admin standing behind our military members in a completely different way both legally and strategically, since he took office? Look at the immediate change in course and effectiveness in Syria and N. Iraq for just one example. Trump seems to like some level of varied viewpoints, and likely would have to deal with even more calls for impeachment and Coup attempts if he fired even 1/2 the people that he should (like Gen Mark Milley who seems like Gen Wesley Clark if you remember him...stepping way out of his lane); plus Trump is more resolute in avoiding intervention abroad than Obama, so necessarily he is going to be at odds with many higher ups in the military-political complex.

People have such short memories...even with the media as his cheering boys to try to smooth over whatever they could rather than amplify everything, there was plenty of military conflict in the Obama admin.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is not Covid related, but some of you guys say things that seem short sighted...still I can't tell if you really believe it, or are just trying to be politically persuasive. You have to realize that there are a lot (I estimate 1/3) of flag officers in the military that are political power hungry animals first and foremost, and care about their oath of office to the Constitution secondarily (for politicians I estimate that this is over 2/3 rds).

I have a lot of friends still in the military from the O-6 rank and down, and I have never seen their morale so low as during much of the Obama admin. Did anyone notice a difference in the Trump admin standing behind our military members in a completely different way both legally and strategically, since he took office? Look at the immediate change in course and effectiveness in Syria and N. Iraq for just one example. Trump seems to like some level of varied viewpoints, and likely would have to deal with even more calls for impeachment and Coup attempts if he fired even 1/2 the people that he should (like Gen Mark Milley who seems like Gen Wesley Clark if you remember him...stepping way out of his lane); plus Trump is more resolute in avoiding intervention abroad than Obama, so necessarily he is going to be at odds with many higher ups in the military-political complex.

People have such short memories...even with the media as his cheering boys to try to smooth over whatever they could rather than amplify everything, there was plenty of military conflict in the Obama admin.

I was in the Army during the obama years 2010-2014 and I'd say morale all around was low, having Ash Carter as a civilian who's never served as the secretary of defense I beleive was behind a lot of that and I feel he was a disservice to the military.

When Trump appointed Mad Dog I was thrilled. Once Gen Mattis has soured of Trump and Trump tried to throw him under the bus is about when I could no longer give him the benefit of the doubt. Trump has been a millionaire and beyond businessman since his young 20s. I think never being told he wrong has severely hindered his ability to reason.

I was in the Army during the obama years 2010-2014 and I'd say morale all around was low, having Ash Carter as a civilian who's never served as the secretary of defense I beleive was behind a lot of that and I feel he was a disservice to the military.

When Trump appointed Mad Dog I was thrilled. Once Gen Mattis has soured of Trump and Trump tried to throw him under the bus is about when I could no longer give him the benefit of the doubt. Trump has been a millionaire and beyond businessman since his young 20s. I think never being told he wrong has severely hindered his ability to reason.
I would love to vote for Mattis as pres. That man is a good leader.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Maybe my IQ is in fact failing me, but I never thought 1% as a "(relatively) high percentage" of anything.[/QUOTE]

Then get off the stupid COVID-19 bandwagon!!!!!!!!!!!!! COVID-19 has a lower death rate than 1%

I'm gonna take you for your word on your numbers, but the death numbers for "susceptible" people that tested positive is substantial.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
we have a strong chance at another Supreme Court judge. That will have much more impact on who this country is for our children and grandchildren than putting up with the Twitter in chief for another four years.
This to me is like the fact we have to choose between two parties every 4 year. A judge shouldn't be a part of a "team" they should interpret the law and carry it out. End of story.

It's asinine that people cheer for supreme court judges to be part of their team. WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM. Our government has turned into arguing whether something is or isn't a problem instead of coming together for solutions to those problems that affect our country.

Not since Reagan. God the 80s were a great time to be alive. Reagan was the best leader of a President in my lifetime. He had flaws too.

I was waiting for someone to at least point that out. Many in here just like to say this guy is terrible and that guy is worse, and they don’t have any ability to give examples of true solutions so they get lazy and dodge that by just saying the system is corrupt, it’s broken. That’s the only reason I even chimed in today, just seeing a bunch of grown men complaining about something that according to them they have no control over. Then they aren’t going to vote because the options suck, so I say...when didn’t they suck? The correct answer is Reagan. Before that probably at least 30 years prior. Maybe they will get to vote again around 2052.

I’m sure some of you voted in the Romney Obama election or the Obama Mccain election. Those were both shit sandwiches without the bread. You still voted, didn’t yuh.

Billinsd

WKR
The Bush's weren't terrible. I happily voted for them. McCain and Romney were the worst. Dole wasn't great, but I really liked him. I was an infant when Goldwater ran. I like his more conservative nature than Reagan. I'm living in California and I don't think we will ever get a Replican Gov again. I think soon we won't have another Republican President. Too many people wanting entitlements.

Billinsd

WKR
I’m sure some of you voted in the Romney Obama election or the Obama Mccain election. Those were both shit sandwiches without the bread. You still voted, didn’t yuh.
I did and I really held my nose with McCain. McCain is my least favorite Republican I can think of.

MattB

WKR

I appreciate libertarianism and what It represents, but do you honestly think - having just watched the riots and looting around BLM - that the American populace in general could safely exist under that form of governance? You and I, sure. But the masses? The notion reminds me of the failed experiment of pitching the Iraqis directly drom dictatorship into democracy.

But I digress as I have strayed from the topic or COViD. Where are those guys who predicted it would end with 60K deaths in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.