What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDGuy

WKR
Can we not all be happy that the majority of the emails about how a company you haven’t shopped with in 10 years is handling COVID have stopped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We take covid super super serial, please keep coming to buy our shit you don’t need.”

-Sears

“You know what you should do with that $600 extra unemployment? Come buy a new Ford Bronco with 0/72% financing! Freedom!”

-Ford Dealer

SAN ANTONIO (KSAT/CNN) - A San Antonio doctor says a man in his 30s who thought the coronavirus was a “hoax” died from the disease after attending a COVID-19 party.

Two different stories, both equally ironic.
3f3f928183b1eac94b5abe8a2d1361e9.jpg

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

SAN ANTONIO (KSAT/CNN) - A San Antonio doctor says a man in his 30s who thought the coronavirus was a “hoax” died from the disease after attending a COVID-19 party.

Two different stories, both equally ironic.
3f3f928183b1eac94b5abe8a2d1361e9.jpg

The news says "No preexisting conditions" but he WAS overweight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know Ive shared something similar before, I enjoy international travel and have cancelled two trips since mid March. I was lucky to get in a ski trip to Canada right when this was all getting started.

But we are now considered a "plague state"

7228e0e26648c84969c6eb22634d78ac.jpg

Its woeful how some seem to care little that they can't freely travel outside the US anymore, and that many other nations look at our COVID response as 'just don't do what they did'....and we want to open up for business and we will....but no Americans allowed.

NDGuy

WKR
Thoughts on kids going back to school this fall?
They probably will, it will be a shit show. I don't envy those that need to send their kids to school this fall.

Reporter: "Should schools follow the CDC guidelines for reopening, does the department of education have a plan?"

Devos: "Kids need to be in school, each school has it's own unique situation...(repeat 40x)"

Translation: "There isn't a unified plan, we are just going to open and let everyone fend for themselves"

Devos later after asking about guidance they are providing to schools:

Devos: "We can't make plans in anticipation of something that might not happen"

There is zero guidance and leadership from the head of our nation's schools. More mumbling words that have zero meaning and deflection, cannot answer a straight question.

Last edited:
They probably will, it will be a shit show. I don't envy those that need to send their kids to school this fall.

Reporter: "Should schools follow the CDC guidelines for reopening, does the department of education have a plan?"

Devos: "Kids need to be in school, each school has it's own unique situation...(repeat 40x)"

Translation: "There isn't a unified plan, we are just going to open and let everyone fend for themselves"
I predict some widespread teacher strikes if there isn't some really leadership, communications, and plans from a federal standpoint.

sasquatch

WKR
Schools need to open up. As a whole our education is falling way behind, holding kids back even more will be detrimental in the future.

Sooner or later we have to stop hiding under our beds, accept that life isn’t always rainbows and sunshine, and move on with living

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NDGuy

WKR
Sooner or later we have to stop hiding under our beds, accept that life isn’t always rainbows and sunshine, and move on with living
If by hiding under our beds you mean wanting to have an intelligent, unified, national response vs the current plan of pretending everything is fine and try to force normality then I guess I am staying under my mattress.

Schools need to open up. As a whole our education is falling way behind, holding kids back even more will be detrimental in the future.

I agree that kids no being in school is not ideal, and would love to see them back sooner than later.

But I don't think it's going to end well. Either teachers are going to strike or teachers are going to die.

What happens when the contact tracing from the death of a teacher leads back to their school children? I wouldn't want to have to explain that to my kids.

sasquatch

WKR
I agree that kids no being in school is not ideal, and would love to see them back sooner than later.

But I don't think it's going to end well. Either teachers are going to strike or teachers are going to die.

What happens when the contact tracing from the death of a teacher leads back to their school children? I wouldn't want to have to explain that to my kids.

As with most of this, I’m sure those instances will be mostly non existent. Yea it may happen but by total it won’t even be measurable.

Yes it sucks, but we can’t continue to burn the house down to kill the rat.

Look at all the “cases” now vs real deaths. It don’t even warrant the news attention it’s getting.

This is all my feelings on it, and I’m known as just being brutal. We can’t bankrupt 60 million people or a whole country for a small portion of deaths. What happens when we all flat broke as a country??

THEN WHAT?

NDGuy

WKR
Life's hard, they just need to accept it and move on...and when it kills their grandma or dad...well sometimes life gives you lemons guys!

Sarcasm

sasquatch

WKR
If by hiding under our beds you mean wanting to have an intelligent, unified, national response vs the current plan of pretending everything is fine and try to force normality then I guess I am staying under my mattress.

How do we fix this WITHOUT bankrupting more people than the virus will affect??

Who gets to say what’s more valuable to YOU??

As with most of this, I’m sure those instances will be mostly non existent. Yea it may happen but by total it won’t even be measurable.

Yes it sucks, but we can’t continue to burn the house down to kill the rat.

Look at all the “cases” now vs real deaths. It don’t even warrant the news attention it’s getting.

This is all my feelings on it, and I’m known as just being brutal. We can’t bankrupt 60 million people or a whole country for a small portion of deaths. What happens when we all flat broke as a country??

THEN WHAT?

You can't compare new cases to deaths. The lag time between the two is about 5-8 weeks. So in two months you can compare the new cases today to the deaths.

jmez

WKR
I have 4 little boys. 10, 8, 7 year old twins. I have zero reservations about sending them back to school. They need to be in school.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
You can't compare new cases to deaths. The lag time between the two is about 5-8 weeks. So in two months you can compare the new cases today to the deaths.

Go back and compare them during the first wave of the pandemic. Both in the US and worldwide.

NDGuy

WKR
How do we fix this WITHOUT bankrupting more people than the virus will affect??
-Mandatory masks in public
-No sports attendees
-Limiting bar/restaurants/stores capacity
-Aggressive testing/contact tracing
-Mandatory sick leave for all workers
-Continued loans/ppp for those businesses affected (not apple, starbucks, etc businesses that don't need it)

Obviously some of those can ebb and flow depending on the state/county. But even doing some of these things federally would help slow cases from growing. Currently, we have no consistent leadership and plan from the federal level.

Go back and compare them during the first wave of the pandemic. Both in the US and worldwide.

I don't really care to. Testing was garbage, deaths were either over reported or under depending on who you ask. Our testing is still crap in my opinion, it's useless if it takes 5-7 days to get your results back.

Time will tell in the next few weeks if this increase in cases correlates to an increase in daily deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.