What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Mandatory masks in public
-No sports attendees
-Limiting bar/restaurants/stores capacity
-Aggressive testing/contact tracing
-Mandatory sick leave for all workers
-Continued loans/ppp for those businesses affected (not apple, starbucks, etc businesses that don't need it)

Obviously some of those can ebb and flow depending on the state/county. But even doing some of these things federally would help slow cases from growing. Currently, we have no consistent leadership and plan from the federal level.
This is something similar to what I would imagine our response should have looked like.

Plenty of other countries beat the virus, lost less money and are getting back to a closer normal.

But our sad response is we can't do any better, just take the sucker punch and move on?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Both cases, daily deaths peaked prior to case numbers peaking.

We are currently more than 5 weeks into the next wave and so far death rates have not risen appreciably.

sasquatch

WKR
You can't compare new cases to deaths. The lag time between the two is about 5-8 weeks. So in two months you can compare the new cases today to the deaths.

Yea then subtract the 43% that were in nursing homes. 11% of cases yet 43% of deaths. I don’t think kids or teachers were part of that group.

And they won’t say but I bet a large portion of those would have died anyway. They won’t show you the running death count for this time of yr vs last year.

Only then can we see how many deaths EXTRA this caused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sasquatch

WKR
-Mandatory masks in public
-No sports attendees
-Limiting bar/restaurants/stores capacity
-Aggressive testing/contact tracing
-Mandatory sick leave for all workers
-Continued loans/ppp for those businesses affected (not apple, starbucks, etc businesses that don't need it)

Obviously some of those can ebb and flow depending on the state/county. But even doing some of these things federally would help slow cases from growing. Currently, we have no consistent leadership and plan from the federal level.

Where do these loans come from? How’s that revenue come in to be re handed out??

I really wish they’d stop kicking the debt can down the road to wake people with this free money mentality up.

Hopefully your kids don’t have to suffer the debt we so graciously run up!!

The federal money is nothing but a promise to give you the same money they take from you minus a little skimming off the top!

Just read the link I previously posted. Now they trying to tax the same crippled people more while convincing you it’s for your own good

MattB

WKR
Both cases, daily deaths peaked prior to case numbers peaking.

We are currently more than 5 weeks into the next wave and so far death rates have not risen appreciably.

Per Worldometers, the 7 day average of daily US deaths has increased to 740/day for 7/12 which is up from ~520 the week prior.

NDGuy

WKR
Just read the link I previously posted. Now they trying to tax the same crippled people more while convincing you it’s for your own good
I agree with senseless spending, like reading an NBA team got a PPE loan. If I knew my tax dollars were going to a small business owner to help them stay afloat, I would take zero issue. But thanks to our administration of no accountability yes men, we have no government oversight for who is taking these loans/grants.

sasquatch

WKR
I agree with senseless spending, like reading an NBA team got a PPE loan. If I knew my tax dollars were going to a small business owner to help them stay afloat, I would take zero issue. But thanks to our administration of no accountability yes men, we have no government oversight for who is taking these loans/grants.

That will most likely never change and just get worse or they’ll hide it better

We’ve allowed the system to get too big with too much power over us.

This is one big reason why Id rather just take my chances move on. All most politicians do is feed you with one hand and stab you in the back with the other

Mike7

WKR
I propose to change the health information flow from CDC with the help of NIH info, to the states, to county health districts, and then to local clinical providers and schools in the current system to another system altogether.

And this would be a new system/proposal that is beyond any questioning, and doesn't include providing information and recommendations based upon real current and changing research, morbidity, mortality, and trends as the current antiquated system does, but instead just contains orders based upon what the supreme leader has directed. Also, state governors and state and local representatives will have no say.

My new recommended simplified system of orders (also note that any information behind these orders is unimportant because principals, school boards, and parents/teachers will do what the supreme leader orders):
NDGuy to God, then God to the Dept of Education Czar, then Ed Czar to HHS Czar, then HHS to CDC, then CDC to Federal Marshalls, then marshalls directly to local school principals, and then they will obey.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I propose to change the health information flow from CDC with the help of NIH info, to the states, to county health districts, and then to local clinical providers and schools in the current system to another system altogether.

And this would be a new system/proposal that is beyond any questioning, and doesn't include providing information and recommendations based upon real current and changing research, morbidity, mortality, and trends as the current antiquated system does, but instead just contains orders based upon what the supreme leader has directed. Also, state governors and state and local representatives will have no say.

My new recommended simplified system of orders (also note that any information behind these orders is unimportant because principals, school boards, and parents/teachers will do what the supreme leader orders):
NDGuy to God, then God to the Dept of Education Czar, then Ed Czar to HHS Czar, then HHS to CDC, then CDC to Federal Marshalls, then marshalls directly to local school principals, and then they will obey.
Come on your better than this.

If this thread has came down to simply tit for tat that definitely signals the end.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Mike7

WKR
Guilty, sorry, the sharper sarcasm was an attempt at more vividly highlighting opinions that are based upon false premises, premises pushed by a select few repeat offenders.

I welcome varying opinions if they have even some slight factual base. But it does make it difficult or even tiresome sometimes to discuss issues in a semi-productive or entertaining fashion when that factual base or self awarness doesn't exist.

Mike7

WKR
I thought that this data from Texas earlier this month might be interesting to some. I know many like to compare the US to Europe, so for your comparison try to imagine that Texas is a large European country that is really obese and is primarily white and Hispanic in ethnicity and borders a 3rd or 2nd world country on one border.

This chart shows the low overall Covid total mortality, and mortality rate per total population (at least this far with the year incomplete of course) compared to the flu over each of the past 2 years (0.01% rate for Covid-19 compared to 0.033% and 0.04% for the flu). And also remember, a significant number (maybe 40%) of Covid deaths here so far have been in people with likely less than 1 yr to live.

Additionally, this data also shows how much less of an effort there is to test for the flu each year despite widely available and cheaper flu tests, and why the total Covid positive cases count would necessarily be much, much less as well if we tested less for that. 2.64 million Covid tests (only around 200,000 of those were antibody tests) have been performed in Texas through July 1st (in the last few months) compared to only 150 to 200,000 thousand flu tests yearly over an entire year.

Personally, I think that this data is reassuring overall, and clearly shows why total case counts/positive tests are much less helpful in this instance than morbidity and mortality curves in guiding much in the way we make decisions.

Additionally, this data may spur some to question why our response has been so different with Covid compared to the flu, even compared to the novel 2009-10 H1N1 pandemic? Some might wonder why some so called experts who were in positions in the government both in 2009 and currently are treating this so much different now, when they were actively condemning any thoughts of shutting down the economy or closing schools in 2009 even before H1N1 had really hit here? And some might question why they did not at all promote testing for H1N1 or contract tracing?

So in summary, I think it would be good if people gain some perspective, stop and think a little, and just chill out some.

I have been wearing a mask in a situational fashion for 25 years, and until this year, interestingly I have never been the subject of attempted mask shaming by someone with zero medical background or had it suggested that I should be wearing a mask at all times. Also until this year, I have never seen it suggested that a very contagious novel illness with a high rate of asymptomatic infected people could be eradicated by contact tracing and shutting down the economy?

If you believe in something 100% in medicine, or any science for that matter, just wait around for a few years until we learn something new and the paradigm shifts, and you are proved to be completely wrong.

1594773815295.png

Top 10 Causes of Death in Texas for Perspective:

1. Heart Disease
2. Cancer
3. Stroke
4. Accidents
5. Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease
6. Alzheimer’s disease
7. Diabetes
8. Septicemia
9. Kidney Disease
10. Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis

I'm glad you posted this. Can someone explain how this is okay and makes any sense? It seems like a political move. Another question - if you go to worldometers or John Hopkins or some other national COVID reporting website, are those stats being collected from what the CDC reports? It seems like a lot of those numbers are coming from a conglomeration of different county and state health sites.
If that's the case, it seems like it will be pretty hard still for Trump to cover the numbers up - even if he tries to release the 'official' stats from his WH, a lot of people will know those books are cooked so they'll look elsewhere. What are your thoughts?

Carnegie Mellon University researchers analyzed over 200 million tweets discussing COVID-19 and related issues since January and found that roughly half the accounts — including 62% of the 1,000 most influential retweeters — appeared to be bots, they said in a report published this week.

Carnegie Mellon University researchers analyzed over 200 million tweets discussing COVID-19 and related issues since January and found that roughly half the accounts — including 62% of the 1,000 most influential retweeters — appeared to be bots, they said in a report published this week.

Its interesting that they don't say how many bots are pushing anti-Trump stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mike7

WKR

Just curious, did you two do the due diligence to read the article beyond the arguably biased headline? Even this article notes that the info is still going to Health & Human Services but will be streamlined, and the CDC will be linked in to make it public, since that is their actual job within the dept.

Additionally, yes there are plenty of sites compiling the data directly from the states that is a quick internet search away, so that will be a neat trick if one Washington bureaucrat higher up the food chain in Health and Human Services will be able to politicize the information more than another bureaucrat, while somehow also hiding it all from those outside groups compiling the state data directly as well. Oh bother.

So, if the HHS data does not look manipulated, but comes out faster with the streamlining/reorganization and in an improved format (streamlining which we know historically rarely happens with govt ever, especially with the past few administrations), then I hope you guys are all the first to congratulate the administration on being proactive.

We have so many real life living bots, that the difference between them and computers would be hard to differentiate likely. It looks like the main researcher has noted disinformation all around from bots with respect to the Covid-19 topic. It is hard to get more manipulative than Google though as seen in research as well, but many people don't seem to mind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.