What arrow rest?

cmeier117

WKR
What arrow rest are you guys using?
What arrow rests have you used in the past that you would recommend?
What arrow rests have you used in the past that you wouldn't recommend?

J-Daddy

WKR
I'm using the Hamskea Versa Rest...IMHO it's the best rest made today
Anything from TrophyTaker is good, AAE also builds solid rest, Ripcord aint bad "I prefer a limb driven rest though", VaporTrails are decent.
I've personally had more issues with QAD rests than all others combined, I'm not a fan of them at all.

Curtis C

WKR
I'm a fan of the QAD drop away rest. I like that it will hold in the up position especially when treestand hunting. My first one did have some issues that QAD took care of for free, but every one since has been problem free.

The Versa-rest does look like a solid rest, I have been thinking about giving it a try.

C

ckleeves

WKR
I like the limbdrivers (pro and pro v) and lately I have been liking the TT smackdown FC, very solid rest. I had some issues with a QAD, they took care of it quick and were great to deal with but I just prefer limb driven rest. The hamskea looks sweet I want one!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
PSE Phantom for me. Been using this rest since its introduction with no problems. Easy to use and tune rest! I do set up a lot of QAD rests and like the HDX in their lineup. I used to use the Ripcord way back. Good rest back then.

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
Had a Copper John Alleycat on my backup bow. That thing was built like a Sherman tank. I really liked it. Then I tried a TrophyTaker SL. Had to cut one of the fingers down to get it to clear my sight window on the riser of my bow. But it worked well just the same. Finally got a good deal on a Ripcord Code Red. I love that thing. I took the full containment bar off of the top of it. Figured the only way an arrow could fall off would be to turn the bow up side down. What I especially like about the Code Red is the ease of tuning. Just a good rest and Ripcord has the best customer service in the business.

J-Daddy

WKR
With the QAD's I had issues with they did replace them everytime and their customer service is great BUT I got gun shy of them...I just won't chance a rest that I don't have faith in on my bows. The plastic internals in them just don't inspire any faith in them...
Full containment is nice but the way I look at is that I've killed a lot of animals without it over the years so I don't have to have it.
I'm also a big fan of limb driven rests, the Hamskea is the best limb driven rest on the market so that's why I have it on my rig.

littlebuf

Banned
spott hogg whamy.i had my reservations about the rest but ive had it on my bow now for 2 years with zero problems and ive yet to find one that holds an arrow sturdier.

Pond

FNG
I used to use the Trophy Ridge drop zone and never really had any issues except I lubed it once and gummed it up. Then switched to a Trophy Taker Smackdown FC and love it. It's pretty simple and easy to tune.

weaver

WKR
TT Smackdown FC is what I currently use. Used a Qad Ultra Rest for a few years with no issues.

I use the ripcord code red. Can't beat a full contain drop away that is simple and easy to maintain. I would also recommend staying away from drop aways with plastic internals. the Code red ripcord has all metal internals and feels nice and crisp. I had a QAD drop away and it felt mushy like plastic when I got it over 500 shots.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
After some research and contemplating I am going to try the Vapor trail Limb driver pro V arrow rest. After understanding how a limb driven rest works and it's benefits I came to the conclusion that it would be the best choice. I like the design better and I like not having a string tied to my cables. I also like the simplicity of it if the string were to be cut for some reason, it would be a simple field repair. I almost went with the NAP Apache Carbon however.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been shooting almost a year now and my research led me to the Vapor Trail Limb Driver Pro V. I don't know any better, but it works darn well for me. :)
If you ever have any issues call Vapor Trail and ask for "Ears". Interesting nick name but the guy delivers.. :) Mine came without the felt kit for the basket. They promptly shipped me out a replacement.

Lukem

WKR
I've been shooting a Limb Driver for several years now and don't anticipate switching any time soon. Shot a TT Pronghorn previously and while I won't say anything bad, I'm glad I switched.

I think the "full containment" idea is overrated. For one, when your spot and stalking who wants the arrow bouncing around in the contained area? I like having more control over the arrow. I have the blade with the side prongs and then keep my index finger over the arrow in front of the shelf and it doesn't go anywhere. And I'm aware of the arrow catching on anything. The more moving parts there is, the more that can go wrong. Relying on an internal mechanism doesn't appeal to me.