What “backup” parts are in your possibles bag?

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

I’ve recently bought an Traditions Pursuit XT and am having a blast(pun intended) shooting it.

Am using 100grns of 777 behind a 250 Barnes TE Z that I load with a SST Sabot as that makes the 2 and 3rd shot easier to load.

Anyway am planning a couple back country trips and would like to know the spare parts/backups you all bring for extended trips.
I haven’t been doing this long enough to know the things that may go wrong and within reason would like to build a kit to head off potential hunt stoppers.

Thanks for any advice!

EdP

WKR
I shoot flintlocks and here is what I take to keep my rifles in proper working order when out on a hunt.

To ensure I can shoot:
Cows knee to keep the lock dry in bad weather
Spare flints
Screw driver
Vent pick
Powder measure

In case I dry ball I have:
Ball screw
Small wrench to get ball screw off ramrod
T-handle to pull ramrod

If I need to clean:
Breechface brush
Patch worm
Tow worm
A few cleaning patches
Small rag
Cleaning jag

These are all small things and take up little space in my shot bag.

For longer excursions I take spares of the following:
Lock screws
Mainspring
Frizzen spring
Sear spring

and a mainspring vise

I have a pursuit g4 ultralight. The accelerator breech plug tool is something I always carry although I have never needed it. It’s hand tight when I put it in and have never had an issue turning it out by hand, even after a dozen shots or more. If I remember correctly the ramrod even with the jag in the extended position for loading the muzzy isn’t quite long enough to push a bullet completely out if charge doesn’t go off. My bullet starter on top of the ramrod is enough to push it out though. I also always carry the plastic t handle in my bag rather on the rod. It’s a lot easier to keep track of especially during a follow up shot. If the xt is a newer version the ramrod issue may have been solved.