what backyard targets do you guys like

sk1

WKR
im in need of some new targets, both of the yellow jacket ones i have are blown out, the bag and block for broadheads as well....had to use duct tape on the one to make it last the season.....duct tape works on many things, but not targets! i previously used the yellow jacket targets, not the greatest but they got me by for awhile.

so i was thinking the rhinehart target would be the way to go, but have read many reviews saying its pretty rough getting arrows out, and that makes me wonder shooting 460gr arrow at 300fps how well that will go for me. or is an arrow puller the simple solution? ive never used one.

i hear quite a bit about hips targets, but i really dont like their target choices for what your aiming at

not sure about "the block" targets? i did see some of them get really good reviews

also am looking into a bigger bag target for long range shooting

OR Archer

WKR
The Rinehart Rhinoblock is the best target out there in my opinion. 6 shooting sides. 2 feature deer vitals. Has a replaceable core. Accepts broadheads and fieldpoints. And it last a long time.

As far as removing arrows I dont find it difficult. Its not as easy as a bag target by any means but not difficult. An arrow puller is never a bad idea either.

Lawnboi

WKR
Rinehart. they last a long time, seems like forever if you just put field points in them.

They are not super heavy, easy to move. Arrows pull easy, I don't see how people have problems.

Once my 18-1 is shot ill be getting the big rhino block.

Rineharts are the best I shoot my 18-1 at 11 yards down my hallway and the arrows aren't hard to get out. Plus if you shoot out the 18-1 in a year they replace it.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bag target for field points and Rinehart 18-1 for everything else.

I keep my 18-1 in the back of my truck year round; to me it's the best all around target ever built.

Bag target for field points and Rinehart 18-1 for everything else.

I keep my 18-1 in the back of my truck year round; to me it's the best all around target ever built.

That's my set up as well. I have a cheap big bag from Dick's Sporting Goods that has lasted for years...and the 18-1 in my truck. It does great with broadheads as well, even barbed Exodus.

hunting1

WKR
I too use a bag for FT, but want to throw a plug in for how GREAT Rinehart's customer service is. They will get my business going forward. It is always nice when you find good quality and an even better customer service!

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
I'm with the majority, any of the Rhineharts. I am looking forward to trying their new bag target as well.

Whisky

WKR
Last year I bought a Reinhart RhinoBlock XL. It started out OK but now I have issues with it. I actually need to call Reinhart and see what's up. When I went to pick up my new bow I had some arrows with me and showed them to the guys at the shop and they were as stumped as I. It has basically become a "blood vessel popping" task to remove arrows from my Reinhart. And when I get them out, they are coated in little chunks of the target that require an arrow stripper to remove, just like you would old glue from vanes. Very disappointing.

I bought a bigger, green Yellow Jacket bag target and this is my first experience with a bag. I can't believe I haven't used one sooner. Arrows are super easy to remove, they are bigger than the blocks, for longer range shooting, and cheaper. Just this morning actually, I brought in supplies to work and am going to be building a movable LR target backstop on a pallet.

Whisky

WKR
This thread reminded me I needed to call Reinhart. I just did and the gal I spoke with was pretty confident my arrows (Easton ST Epics) and that target are causing a chemical reaction. She suggested I try some arrow lube or even rub some Dove soap on my shafts and see if that helps. I don't use any arrow lube but will give it a try and go from there. Just figured I'd update with what I learned.

I asked her if this is a common thing and she said it's not very common, but obviously it's happened occasionally. .

Bluedog64

FNG
Hey guys...GC Archery is pretty new to the scene, but we think we have the best target system out there. Yeah, they might seem a bit pricey, but you get 6 images from each roll, and with the different game you guys are into, the North American roll is awesome. You can get the targets with either the vitals shown, or ASA/Universal scoring patterns. All the things you want, we built it in...great stopping power, easy arrow pull, no fading in the sun, weather proof, TOTAL LACK OF BOREDOM! Its all there but the bugling. Check out the GameChanger Targets at www.GCArchery.com. They last and last and last. Between my wife and myself, we are up to around 14k shots, and we aren't even close to rearranging the stack. So before you pull the trigger elsewhere, give us a fair look.

Mckinnon

WKR
Hey guys...GC Archery is pretty new to the scene, but we think we have the best target system out there. Yeah, they might seem a bit pricey, but you get 6 images from each roll, and with the different game you guys are into, the North American roll is awesome. You can get the targets with either the vitals shown, or ASA/Universal scoring patterns. All the things you want, we built it in...great stopping power, easy arrow pull, no fading in the sun, weather proof, TOTAL LACK OF BOREDOM! Its all there but the bugling. Check out the GameChanger Targets at www.GCArchery.com. They last and last and last. Between my wife and myself, we are up to around 14k shots, and we aren't even close to rearranging the stack. So before you pull the trigger elsewhere, give us a fair look.

So if I see correctly on your sight, it would cost $430 for a block and six images?

Bluedog64

FNG
How do the gc targets do with broadheads?

Hardstalk...GameChanger Targets are meant for fieldpoints (with matched diameters between point and shaft) However knowing how we are, were going to want to shoot our broadheads when tuning them, so the layers we use are 3/8" think, as opposed to using 1/8". What this does for broadheads, is lessens the amount of slice through from layer to layer. However when shooting at angles, or from elevation, its not an issue. Sure they will wear faster that field points, but my own personal experience is this. I love to shoot...all the time, and when my hunting arrows are dialed in the way I want them, I put them away for hunting. GameChanger Targets are just plain fun to shoot. Another advantage with using rolls of images, is that each image will present a different place on the backstop for impacts thus evenly wearing the target is a large area instead of pounding at one spot over and over. The images can also be adjusted right and left to increase the life even more. And if that's not enough, you can buy replenishment kits if you ever need to replace any. I hope I answered your question. If you have any more, keep 'em coming.
GameChanger 01.jpgGameChanger 02.jpg

Bluedog64

FNG
So if I see correctly on your sight, it would cost $430 for a block and six images?

Rock 2.0 ... That is the price for the GameChanger SnapShot Target System. Then each additional roll thereafter is only $115.00 for 6 more target images. (image size is 32"x24") and weighs 60 lbs.
The Original GameChanger System is $638 for the backstop and a 6 image roll, with each additional roll at $149.00 (image size is 48"x32") and weighs 100 lbs.

We also have a new program called The "Hit-List", where you upload 6 images from your hunts, or from trail camera images and we make your own custom target set.

Hardstalk

WKR
Are the gc targets american made? Also could you post up some images of the target you have 14k shots into? Thanks for the involvement.

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
I have a gamechanger snap shot and love it. I've had 2 block targets, neither of which have held up well over time. I also have a reinhart broadhead 3D buck which is a great target. I plan on getting a 18-1 this year for another broadhead target. A cheap bag target is great for FP's but the gamechanger is way more fun. They're expensive, but not for the amount of targets you get in one and they hold up well.

Bluedog64

FNG
Are the gc targets american made? Also could you post up some images of the target you have 14k shots into? Thanks for the involvement.

HS...They are 100% Made the USA, and will NEVER be made elsewhere....sure I can have them made cheaper, but I refuse to go offshore.
It is unfortunate that our buying expectations have become so low, and diluted with a Wal-Mart mentality. GameChangers aren't inexpensive...but you get what you pay for here. The following images were taken after a 1000 shot test. The image of the pronghorn was taken as I was developing the product. You can still see my wifes green yard sale sticker, which led me to add the focus dot on our targets with vitals. I wanted a small aim small/miss small feature. At 20 yards ( which is where I shoot from) you dont really see the damage as you do in the photo. Also, I could have shot it another 100 shots, and the additional damage would have been minimal.
The back of the target looks totally unaffected. I will shoot some images of my test target at home showing the 14k shot results...but I can tell you that its pretty amazing as to how long this thing might last.
Incidentially, I shoot at 305 fps, with VAP's, micro diameter arrows. Wife shoots at 285 fps. with full metal jackets. VAPS penetrate on average 4 inches deeper.
IMG_3887.jpgGameChanger Rear.jpg