What battery bank?

bamagun

FNG
Mophie Powerstation Plus XL with the built in USB-C connector (also has a standard USB port) 12,000MaH/18W output on the USB-C connector and additional 15W output on the USB port. Cant really speak on the time it takes to charge the pack because Ive yet to run it down. Don't have the weight on hand, but I remember it being comparable in weight to the other big names of equal MaH. People talk about durability and waterproofness, but don't use it as a football and don't go swimming with it and I think any of the bigger names will treat you fine. I plan on using all rechargeable devices this fall and using this bank with the Nomad 7 panel..

I typically hunt 5-7 days and was using an Anker 10,000 mah and carrying a 26w Anker solar panel. I upgraded to an Anker 20,000 mah and plan on dropping the panel. I run a Garmin InReach, Galaxy S8 Active and a Streamlight Bandit. I will know in about 6 weeks if that is going to be enough.

jake1455

FNG
Have used many, but last year I picked up a blackweb cheap from Walmart and it’s ridiculously awesome. 20000 mAh and will charge my phone more than I need it to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
I got the Dark Energy. I wanted the covers for all my fishing/camping trips on the sandy river I catfish on. I charge my phone and a tiny USB fan on those trips. That little fan on my face can really help me sleep when it's hot, humid, and still and I'm in a tent or under a tarp. It's worked well for I think 3 years now.

I take it in my pack pretty much all the time hunting too. I've gone to a re-chargeable for my headlamp, steripen, phone, and the mini flashlight in my bino harness. If anything runs low I like being able to top it off. I got the little 6" charging cords from Amazon and carry a couple I phone and a couple mini USB cords. I've had cords crap out and screw things up, carrying spares of those weighs very little.

I haven't been as impressed with the smaller Goal Zero stuff I've had. The panels seem pretty slow and the battery packs seem to loose charge over time worse than the Anker or Dark Energy.

I got an Anker 26800 battery pack and 21W solar panel. So far it's been good for base camp. I took just the battery pack on our fly in moose hunt last year and it kept my stuff charged the whole 11 days with about half the charge used up. I used my phone in airplane mode as our GPS and with Kindle to read on quite a bit. I kept it in a gallon Ziploc and had no issues with it getting too damp.

Next year when we go caribou hunting we will take the panel and battery pack as group items. We will let it charge at camp during the long days to top our personal stuff off at night with. Less chance of constant rain and more hours of sun on that trip.

What I take is overkill unless I get stuck reading for hours waiting out weather and use more phone battery. I don't want to be wishing I'd brought more juice as I stare at the dead screen. Having an In-reach mini as our communication with the world next trip makes it even more important to me.