What bino harness?

jmden

WKR
What bino chest harness for backpack, backcountry hunts? Has to fit Swaro EL Range 10x42s and SIG KILO 2000 RF, wind checker, etc.

I'm an ounce counter and don't even like the idea of a bino chest harness in the first place because of the extra weight/bulk of it, so am looking for very functional and lightweight. Babying the binos or rf is not my highest priority, but I want to make sure I'm well informed before making this decision.

Thanks guys!

OR Archer

WKR
Current is the Marsupial Gear. I like it but doesn’t quite fit my 10x50s. The design however is nice.

rclouse79

WKR
I have the outdoor vision Ridgetop coming in the mail. Hope I like it. I researched for a while and it was hard to find any negative reviews on it. I have not noticed any in the classifieds which is a good sign.

OP
jmden

jmden

WKR
If you're an ounce counter why are you hauling a rangefinder and range finding binos?

'Cause I don't have another $2K+ handy at the moment to get a quality pair of non-rangefinding binos and for archery, the Swaro EL Range leave a little to be desired, so yeah, bummer, but need a seperate rangefinder for close in one-handed work.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have the Kuiu harness, very happy with it. But I’d like to have my pistol on chest so I’m going to pick up these

I have the Kenia chest rig and it just doesn’t work well under my bino harness while wearing a pack

Sled

WKR
They're spendy, but it's hard to beat the modularity of FHF gear bino harnesses for western hunting.

i still use one but have been thinking it's time for a change. it's a louder system than i like and there are better systems that have come to market since fhf gear. my least favorite part is the price. you pay up front for the product and get nickled and dimed on the small stuff.

Poaks0810

FNG
Couple buddies run the marcupial gear harness. They seem really nice. I have an Alaskan guide creations and it's a little big in my opinion.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Owned both Kuius, FHF and now the Marsupial. Running 12x50 Razor HD's and the Marsupial is my favorite followed by the FHF.

The Marsupial is the slimmest and snag free of the bunch and easiest to operate with one hand. The rangefinder pocket is a little large for my Leupold 1200 TBR.

Mstayrook

FNG
Any one running a badlands Bino pack? I feel like they are useful but kinda bulky. I love the mag closure and the flip away from the body lid. Any thoughts of something similar that may be less bulky?

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
I have the outdoor vision Ridgetop coming in the mail. Hope I like it. I researched for a while and it was hard to find any negative reviews on it. I have not noticed any in the classifieds which is a good sign.
I've had my OV Ridgetop with rangefinder pouch for 3 years. Put this thing through some hell. Best bino harness I've personally ever ran. You'd have to pry mine off my cold dead body.

Mstayrook

FNG
I've had my OV Ridgetop with rangefinder pouch for 3 years. Put this thing through some hell. Best bino harness I've personally ever ran. You'd have to pry mine off my cold dead body.
After looking at the OV Ridgetop, I really like this one. I liked the flip style and magnetic closure of the badlands over all others I’ve seen. This Ridgetop is the same principle but seems better actually. I like the added feature of the rain cover. I think I’m going to order the Ridgetop and see how it goes. Thanks for the recommendation!