What boots have a large toe box and are made in a wide?

OP
a3dhunter

a3dhunter

WKR
Picked up the Asolo Sasslong's from Sierra Trading Post on sale since I have heard a lot of good things about them.
My other most recent boot is the Lowa Ranger so that is what I am comparing them to.

Initial thoughts:
The Asolo show great quality right out of the box. The rubber rand over the tow looks tough and looks like it has a great seal. The tread is deep and aggressive. Once on my feet the arch support felt good for medium to high arch but the heel felt a little low (been wearing the Lowa Ranger's all day). As I started to walk it was apparent that there is a severe curve in the bottom of the shoe with the toe curved up, making it easier to walk with less fatigue trying to make the boot bend. The shank is tough, creating a very stiff sole.
The toe box is roomy, with enough room in the 11 1/2 wide to fit my 4E foot, and enough height that my hammer toes did not contact the top inside the boot.
They are also tough on the inside. Hard to describe, but they are not as "plush" as the Lowa Ranger.
With that being said, they tighten up real nice and the uppers are more flexible that the Lowa's.
Definitely a boot that will take some time to break in, and it looks like an extremely cost effective purchase at $153.00 shipped.