What bow are you shooting?

rudyc

Lil-Rokslider
I use a couple of them, switch off every now and then. An Osage static recurve that started out as a fencepost. Built it in '95 and still going strong and a Bamboo & Maple longbow built in '99. If everything goes well this September, one of them will be a major player on an elk kill.

Cameron C

FNG
Bear Montana Longbow, 60#@28". I am humbled. You all shoot some fine bows. Soon I'll be shooting my own bow, as of now it looks like it will be 70#@28".

I'm going to elk hunt with my trusty old Black Widow SA that I bought used, (They're PSA's now, the P standing for Precision, CNC machined). Some people look down their noses at 'em, "plywood bows", there's a reason plywood is strong... this thing has laminations running every which way, I guarantee I could dry-fire it and not hurt it, freaking thing is bullet proof. Then if I have the time and freezer space I'll hunt whitetails with a '70's era Bear Takedown Magnesium I picked up this spring. I got a couple pretty bows too I might use.

Cameron C

FNG
Can any of you guys tell me what AMO means? I looked on the glossary of Tradgang and couldn't find anything on it.
Thanks

Eagle

WKR
Currently shooting an RER LX at 64" 47#@28". It's a 3 piece longbow, and I love shooting it, but looking into buying a recurve to give a shot at the moment. I'm confident with the LX out to 20 yards at the moment, hoping to extend that to 25 and maybe 30 before season arrives.

ScottH

Lil-Rokslider
Blacktail takedown recurve 60",55#@28".......Zeus, AMO= Archery Manufacturers Organization.

Mudd Foot

WKR
Depends on the day. :D

Bamabows Royal Expedition 2-piece 55#@ 29 62"
Toelke Whip 54#@28 64"
Wallace Mountain longbow 55#@29 66"

Mudd foot

bowuntr

WKR
Just ordered my Stalker Coyote XT takedown longbow, 62" 50#@28", brown select cocobolo, bocote and a little surprise... South said he'd get it to me in 5 weeks, just in time for Az javalina. Ed F

ethan

WKR
I've been building my own bows for quite a while now. But I do own a black tail and I hunt mostly with it and a one piece recurve I've made. I've probably killed more game with a longbow but I really do prefer a recurve.