Pronghorn fast flight longbow 66" 64#
Wapiti spike longbow 62" 63#
Also have a Wapiti takedown recurve I no longer shoot. 52" 70#

OP
a3dhunter

a3dhunter

WKR
Recurve or Longbow?

I'm shooting a Black Widow recurve, although not exclusively.

I thought I would add it's a 59 lbs at 28". Bought it thinking I would switch sometime in the future and it will be an elk killing bow.
Shot some today and it felt better than my compound. ;)

I'm thinking about buying the Tradtech Pinnacle II with W&W Sebastian Flute Premium Carbon Recurve Limbs as my first trad bow. How do you guys like your Hoyt Buffalo's?

As a production bow its the best on the market I believe for a hunting bow I will say it has some mass in the riser but it feels great to me I just had my limbs re done in the new kryptek pattern so its a one of kind at the moment Go try one you might fall in love!
photo.php

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking about buying the Tradtech Pinnacle II with W&W Sebastian Flute Premium Carbon Recurve Limbs as my first trad bow. How do you guys like your Hoyt Buffalo's?

Friggin awesome.... got mine for Christmas, pretty much put down the compound as of now. It's a lot of fun and got me back to shooting almost everyday.

ElkNut1

WKR
At present I own & mess with a 61" longbow I had made for me by Ernie Mackenzie in MT he owns Sapphire Archery. It's 55# @ 27" it's a 3 piece & a great shooter! I've hunted with it for a few years but not lately!

ElkNut1

G Posik

WKR
Shot some today and it felt better than my compound. ;)

and they are so much more fun. Brings the passion back. You find your self always messing with arrow set ups, have you tried any FLU-FLU arrows yet? that with a bludgen and watch out small game on the mountain, you might forget you are elk hunting once those suckers start flying.

Glenn

B

bearguide

great plains-rio bravo recurve/ pronghorn fastflight long bow/ osage sinue backed self bow

Last edited: