what bow for the wife.

OP
L

lks2

FNG
Have her shoot a few and see. However, elite can be had cheap if you look around. I saw a nib impulse for $300 the other day. Or if you can, try Athens. You will be pleasantly surprised by the bow. Full circle, shoot a few.
Unfortunately the local bowshops don't have a great selection for her to try. We may have to road trip.

OP
L

lks2

FNG
I’m not sure that I would go the women’s specific route at all. I’d just get a 50 .lbs bow with the proper DL, ATA the gives a good string angle, and outfit it with “women’s” colored accessories. This would open up the market a bit more if you ever wanted to sale the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This would be my preference. Also she hates the "shrink it and pink it" deal, so she doesn't want women's colors if she didn't have to.

Main line bows offer better performance. If she is pulling 50# plus, I would get the main line.

OR Archer

WKR
This would be my preference. Also she hates the "shrink it and pink it" deal, so she doesn't want women's colors if she didn't have to.
Another good option is a Triax. Set a few gals up with them and they perform well at the shorter draw and lighter poundage.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I think weight is a big issue. The carbon rose is a great combination of value and weight with the carbon riser.

TravisIN

WKR
Pretty over looked bow in this category is a bear escape sd. I bought my wife one and it is a really impressive bow. It’s their flagship from a few years ago with short dL cams on it. Was really impressed with the speed it produces at a low weight and dL. Can be had pretty reasonable if your not at a point where you want to spend a lot on her setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the replies. The bowtech women's bows are nice. As long as it's light and assuming I can get the draw length short enough, I'm looking at men's bows as well. Any opinions on hoyt defiants or spyders? Seen a few on ebay with 25-26 inch draws.
I just recently started shooting a Hoyt Carbon Defiant that I got on ebay barely used for around $700. So far it seems like a great shooting bow and easy to tune. I ended up buying my husband Carbon Defiant 34 and he's loving it also. I'd recommend checking them out. You can find pretty decent deals on gently used ones.

OP
L

lks2

FNG
I just recently started shooting a Hoyt Carbon Defiant that I got on ebay barely used for around $700. So far it seems like a great shooting bow and easy to tune. I ended up buying my husband Carbon Defiant 34 and he's loving it also. I'd recommend checking them out. You can find pretty decent deals on gently used ones.
Thnaks for the reply. I bought her a Mathews Avail in may of 19. She loves it.