What bow is everyone shooting?

Hoot

WKR
Right now I am shooting a Prime Centergy, before that a Hoyt Carbon Element (and a Vector 32 at the same time).

I like to tinker with bows and help friends tune theirs, but I tend to stick with one for quite a while before getting a new one. I gave my Vector 32 and Carbon Element to my brothers to start them off in archery. So this year I am moving the Centergy to back up bow and will be picking up a new one.

Mathews are nice bows, quiet and dead in the hand, but I don't like the draw cycle or the back wall.

I am waiting for Tuesday to see Hoyt's release, but I think it will be either a Prime Nexus 4, or a Hoyt.

*if* I can find an RX4 Ultra on the cheap after Hoyts release Tuesday, I will likely jump on it...

Beendare

WKR
Currently; This one, An ILF bastard, Dryad riser and Uukha Vx longs
B9FFA4B3-09A0-4623-B8F3-D443C2E9E128.jpeg
and still pick up my 2013 Hoyt Spyder when I absolutely positively need to kill something! grin

PSE Carbon Stealth 35, I've been shooting carbon bows for the last 10 years with a few aluminum bows thrown in the mix. Hoping PSE comes out with a carbon Expedite this year.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I wish there was a back bar mount on those. I like the Evo cams, I like a 35ATA, I like just about everything about the bow, but I don't like mounting a back bar from the front stabilizer bolt.

Cue the cult following.

Pretty awesome bow really. Wish I still had mine. Don't know if I would still use it, but at the time didn't see the point of more than one bow.

Live and learn.
I also miss my switchback, reason for my username on this forum LOL.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt Faktor.
Do not get hung up on the Brand. Go to a sport shop and shoot the bows in teh price range you are looking to spend that are the specs you are looking for.

They should let you shoot them. Narrow them down to what feels best. then focus on the fine details. How is the draw cycle, how does the grip feel, solid anchor or is it soft, etc.

Everyone has their own details they like or do not like. And each bow is different.

Slim Jim

WKR
I’ll be doing a review on 5 of the top bows coming out right now for 2021 so look for that real soon. Gonna be showing my choice and what I end up shooting for 2021. I’ve shot quite a few of the main brands over the years and I’ve always been partial to Hoyt until recently. Too many problems with them on my last couple of models. When my upper cam exploded last week, that was my last straw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up a demo model bowtech realm sr6. First time buying a "speed" bow but the draw was as good or better then the elites I've been using in the past

DeePow

FNG
I only started three years ago and purchased a used 2004 PSE Brute. I definitely don’t know all the Ins and outs but I did shoot several bows but something just felt right with a Prime Nexus 4. I’m stoked nonetheless.