What Brass 300 WM?

bigjohn

FNG
I’m looking to start reloading 300 wm. I’ve been reading and looking and have yet to come up with a solid brass choice. I’m leaning toward Hornady but have read mixed reviews on it. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

I have ADG for my win mag which has been good, playing with Nosler for a 7mmRM and very good as well I wouldn’t hesitate to use it for anything else

ADG is good brass, I also heard somewhere they were the ones making it for Gunwerks. Nosler is also good, but pretty expensive. Peterson now makes 300 win mag brass, I just ordered some the other day. If it’s like any of their other stuff then it will be good too. In the past I have bought Norma from Midway on a big sale, it’s consistent but really thin. I would recommend staying away from it for that reason. Now that Peterson makes 300 wm, I will probably only buy them.

OP
B

bigjohn

FNG
I think I’ll try some ADG. A guy had recommended to me the gunwerks so if it’s made by ADG that should be a good place to start. Rky Mtn Farmer, if you don’t mind give me an on how your Peterson brass does when you get it. Thanks for the all the recommendations!

I think I’ll try some ADG. A guy had recommended to me the gunwerks so if it’s made by ADG that should be a good place to start. Rky Mtn Farmer, if you don’t mind give me an on how your Peterson brass does when you get it. Thanks for the all the recommendations!
No problem, I will let you know when they get in. Graf said they are 2 weeks behind on shipping due to increased sales. Guess I need to be patient.

OP
B

bigjohn

FNG
It’s crazy right now trying to order anything related to guns or ammo. I don’t think anyone can keep up with the demand.

dye7barrel

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Great luck with Nosler here. Still wishing Lapua would start selling 300 WM brass..

I haven't tried em all. Norma gets you to the upper end of case capacity (I think win is up there too?) and is pretty consistent and lasts plenty long if you're not stomping on it. Mine seems to be holding up well.

Peterson and ADG will probably measure more consistent, last longer, but have a little less capacity.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have had great luck with Nosler brass in our .300 Win Mags! We have been getting single digit SDs with 215 Berger Hybrids, H1000, Fed 215s, and Nosler brass without any case prep!

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
I like Nosler too. In the past you could get it on good sales, it's consistant and not stupid expensive like some if you time a sale right. Unless you're shooting competitively, I think nosler shoots better than most people can. I do not recommend: winchester, remington, i've had some real garbage from those two......... Federal is ok quality depending on the batch, if shooting under 300 yards at big game, it would work just fine. Good Luck

CCooper

WKR
Norma has been the best I could lay hands on yet, it's in stock at brownell's currently. My redding FL dies did not like once fired hornady. The Norma run through my die like butter, has been my expierence with Nosler brass in other calibers as well. I would sure like to get my hands on some ADG, Peterson, Bertram, etc..