SevR 2.0 100 grain
Solid, 100 grain,

Have couple more in the line up to finish out the season
b297e2067828b25d0a276792125ab348.jpg
604147d8dd14d04e30290b19a92291f1.jpg
e33f5b01a876cf0cebbdb1e46ecd0ef2.jpg

Update::
Killed two more whitetails. Both does.
First was Rocket steelhead and next way slicktrick raptor trick.

Last edited:

Fullfan

WKR
Black hornet Ser-razor 100 on my bull
Slick Trick Grizz Trick 100 on my white tail.

19hunt92

Lil-Rokslider
125 gr slick trick mags. So far they killed 4 for 4 when hits were made. Good and bad to be fair

brn2hnt

WKR
Nothing fancy, QAD exodus.

Complete pass thru on my bull this year, took two hands to get the arrow out of the log it buried in.

Bull went all of maybe 15 yds, but I attribute that more to the fact that it was super windy and I had snuck into range of the elk rather than calling them in. Had no idea what had happened so just looked around till tipping over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Interesting! I had the same thing happen this year with the Viper Trick. Called a bull to 25 yards & put it through both lungs, complete pass-through, bull just stood there like nothing happened. I nocked a 2nd arrow for good measure but he walked off 15' & now was in cover with no shot, he stood there with zero alarm in his behavior. He walked off like there was no issue but I knew he was hit hard, he fell 20 yards after walking out of my sight!

Most bulls bolt after the shot I've taken so this was more unusual than the norm!

ElkNut

Geewhiz

WKR
300 grain non vented VPA's from my trad setup. Watched the bull drop 72 yards from where he was shot.

Interesting! I had the same thing happen this year with the Viper Trick. Called a bull to 25 yards & put it through both lungs, complete pass-through, bull just stood there like nothing happened. I nocked a 2nd arrow for good measure but he walked off 15' & now was in cover with no shot, he stood there with zero alarm in his behavior. He walked off like there was no issue but I knew he was hit hard, he fell 20 yards after walking out of my sight!

Most bulls bolt after the shot I've taken so this was more unusual than the norm!

ElkNut
it sure is cool when it happens! i had a bull soak up 2 arrows a few years ago, both double lung shots.... he never flinched, and never took a step until his back legs started going, then he did a half circle backwards and face planted down the ridge... the cows perked up the first shot, but calmed back down.... they started moving out after the second shot... one started barking when the bull crashed, but they still didn't know what was going on.

the year before i had one shuffle a few steps at the shot, looked around and fell right there.... not in his same tracks but almost

my first deer didn't react to the shot either, and looked like it kept feeding after perking up for a second at the bow noise.... it was a sub 10yd shot and i knew i didn't miss, but it looked like it for sure wasn't hit... it went behind a little hill so i was going to cut it off to shoot him again... went over there but he never showed up

doesn't happen often but it sure is cool when it does!

i used kudu contour plus in 125gr this year, hit heart, both lungs and it cut through off side leg bone on exit... bull sprinted about 25yds, and stopped, and crashed.... dead in a few short seconds, broadhead was in good shape.

that will be my compound head unless i get a reason to change in the future.... i'm on a mission to simplify all of my gear right now, use all of the same stuff every year. there is a lot of value to familiarize all of my gear and just keep building confidence in it..... i have been terrible the past few years shooting different bows, different arrow builds, different everything.... i do better just settling into something that works and sticking with it.

dropped down to a 524gr arrow (from over 600gr the past couple years) and i'll just stick with that.... heavy isn't much of a hinderance to me, but it's nice to be able to practice to 100yds shooting foam, my 642gr arrows i was maxed out at just over 75yds on my sight, and i like shooting foam at longer distances in the summer.

i got caught up in the BS that doesn't matter for a few years, overthinking unimportant aspects of my setup... we are spoiled with good options these days in every aspect, but especially broadheads! so many excellent options

I shot my mule deer buck this year with a QAD Exodus, broadside at 4 yards. 450 grain arrow around 279 fps. Full pass through; the arrow might still be flying. The buck took off and piled up about 100 yards away.

I shot my bull elk this year with a Slick Trick Viper Trick, broadside at 30 yards. 425 grain arrow around 287 fps. Double lung with broadhead stuck in off-side ribs. The elk died in sight about 30 yards from where he was shot. I was pretty surprised I didn't get a passthrough.

Both broadheads were 100 grain with Iron Will collars. The difference in weight is due to me changing from Easton Injexion back to my tried-and-true Easton Axis.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord